Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teslafi vs teslaspy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone reading this thread would like to see multiple vehicle support in TeslaFi as much as I would, you can vote for the feature here.
sounds like a great idea. I would set it up to always load the default vehicle with an icon to select the other accounts. Even if it required a second type of log in, there should be a way to have that information native with in the main log in page.

TeslaFi now supports multiple Teslas via linking of multiple TeslaFi accounts. You can then swap between the accounts as well as use the tagged locations from one account on the others so that you don't have to recreate them.

Thanks for listening to the feature requests, James!
How do your support multiple cars on the same Tesla Account?

I.E. When you create a New TeslaFi Account does it allow you to select which car is on that account? Do you have to use multiple EMAIL Addresses. Do you have to pay twice?

I think with more and more customers getting multiple Tesla's it would be nice to have 1 TeslaFi Account with multiple Cars? Maybe a family plan?

In my trying several of these apps, I saw that they all do pretty much the same things with minor differences. I am a fan of TeslaFi, yet realize most of the apps are pretty good.
Not sure if you are replying to me or not. I am also a fan of TeslaFI. But I just but a second Tesla and both are on the same Tesla Account. I wanted to understand the options available. It appears you have to create a second TeslaFi Account and I assume pay twice? And does it support 2 cars on Tesla Account. I.E. Do you pick which car is on which TeslaFi Account? Can you change cars on 1 Account?

Not sure if you are replying to me or not. I am also a fan of TeslaFI. But I just but a second Tesla and both are on the same Tesla Account. I wanted to understand the options available. It appears you have to create a second TeslaFi Account and I assume pay twice? And does it support 2 cars on Tesla Account. I.E. Do you pick which car is on which TeslaFi Account? Can you change cars on 1 Account?
Oh, actually I was just making a general statement about my one man opinion. I was trying to get across a point that the Tesla API allows monitoring and changing of several basis features like horn, lights, doors, status check, etc; and all of the apps I have tried are ones that supported every feature of the API. Some apps go a bit further as you know they do analysis of trips, battery, and other stats.

I don't know about accessing multiple cars on one account, so someone else will be more knowledgeable about that.

How do your support multiple cars on the same Tesla Account?

I.E. When you create a New TeslaFi Account does it allow you to select which car is on that account? Do you have to use multiple EMAIL Addresses. Do you have to pay twice?

I think with more and more customers getting multiple Tesla's it would be nice to have 1 TeslaFi Account with multiple Cars? Maybe a family plan?
I figured it out.

1. Create New TeslaFi Account. Need to pay for this account as a New Account.
2. Login to New Account and set the second car to that account from Tesla Account. Same for the first Account but that should be good.
3. Link from each account the other account.

I enjoy the rich data that is always available on TeslaFI. Take any day from the calendar and go way back. It's there. Even on my old car, I was able to keep an old account and look back on where I went on what day. Charger data and all. Other cool aspect I found out is when my wife was out of town checking on the house in Houston. If you have address marked it shows in the right column a recap of time spent at each location. And again, I love the schedule feature. My wife always leaves work entering in her car with the temperature always properly set.

Recent improvements to the multi-car functionality are nice. I can now see activity for both our X and 3 on the calendar view and map together. Very nice for getting a feel for things like total charging cost, etc.