Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the update to 2020.48.35, my car is having trouble sleeping more than an hour.....it seems the car will sleep for about an hour and wake for 26 min......Spoke with James at TeslaFi and he suggested changing my Tesla.com password and getting a new token......Have done that but change.....

I have looked at car to insure that all HVAC is off, summons is off, sentry is off......Is it me, the new revision teslafi or just something I am going to have to live with....thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hi @r1200gs4ok ,

You did not mention "Overheat protection" off...

Unusual sleep on newer software...
I also got a new token this morning...
I will be anxious to see if the new token makes a difference.

Mine seems to sleep for a while and wake up for 42 minutes.
This cycle repeats all night.

Are you using the "new polling delay" timer???
This helped my car sleep.

How is your WiFi connection?
Mine is poor at my current location and I think
the poor connectivity contributes to poor sleep.

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi @r1200gs4ok ,

You did not mention "Overheat protection" off...

Unusual sleep on newer software...
I also got a new token this morning...
I will be anxious to see if the new token makes a difference.

Mine seems to sleep for a while and wake up for 42 minutes.
This cycle repeats all night.

Are you using the "new polling delay" timer???
This helped my car sleep.

How is your WiFi connection?
Mine is poor at my current location and I think
the poor connectivity contributes to poor sleep.

Good luck,

Shawn
Yes....thats is off too.....after the new token and a "car off" reboot, car started acting normal again.....it now goes to sleet within 18 minutes of a drive and stays off durning the night.....I had this happen before on other revision updates....the car would sleep for an Nour or be awake for 26 min....this type of action went on for hours and hours....finally it would fix itself....

give yourself a couple of days with the new token....if it still plays games, reach out to James at TeslaFi....he may be able to help......good luck....

BTW: yesterday, car woke up for 5 hours and I could not figure out why....went out later to go to dinner and looked at the versions and lo and behold, the car told me I was up to date at 1746 Jan 30, which was yesterday.....so Tesla did something and downloaded something but I was not notified nor do I know what it was they did......I already had the Nav update a while back.

also I have excellent wi-fi coverage.