Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaGLOP.exe log graphing tool won't display latest info (FIXED!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
I've noticed that the TeslaGLOP.exe log graphing tool isn't displaying anything in the logs past 7/13/2017, even though the car has been driven since then. Seems like it hit a limit somewhere.

The VMSParser.exe tool does seem to be working just fine, including the most recent drive data, so I'm believing that the logs themselves are good.

I'd rather not try to re-invent the wheel on this... Any alternatives or work-arounds (or possibly a fix)?

It could be a glitch in the log file. When my 3.0 battery was installed that introduced some broken records into the log file that have checksum errors. My own parser stopped on those records until I put in a work-around, but VMSParser was ignoring the checksum and soldiered on.

It could be a glitch in the log file. When my 3.0 battery was installed that introduced some broken records into the log file that have checksum errors. My own parser stopped on those records until I put in a work-around, but VMSParser was ignoring the checksum and soldiered on.
Hmmm, interesting. I've fetched several logs over the past week or two, with drives in between, thinking that it might have been a bad record, hoping it would continue on after that. I guess it could simply stop fetching instead, treating it more like an end-of-file event.

I don't see anything interesting happening in mid-July, error-wise. VMSParser -p shows only the daily records a week on either side. The car was driven and charged a couple of times (just errands around town). The last events were a drive, another drive (i.e. one round trip), plugged in to charge at 40 amps. All that is shown, with alignment between the graphical and text parsers. A day later there was a 9 minute automatic top-off charge in VMSParser's output, but no hint of it on the graph. Even running VMSParser -vp is uninteresting around this time frame (though I do see other errors before and after that have me concerned... 920 / 934 pairs a few times.)

{sigh}

Is there a way to confirm that it's a bad record in the log? Perhaps more importantly, is this an indication of a "bad spot" or corruption in the car's memory? These tend not to self-correct.

Is there a way to confirm that it's a bad record in the log? Perhaps more importantly, is this an indication of a "bad spot" or corruption in the car's memory? These tend not to self-correct.
If you send your log file to me (you have my email address, please compress the file first) I will run it through my parser to see it it complains of a checksum error. Like getting a second opinion from a doctor.