TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Teslaholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by DriveMe, Sep 10, 2017.

1. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

Do you guys experience any symptoms of Tesla addiction? I think I am a teslaholic! :D

I am not even an owner yet (expect to become one later this month), but I think I am addicted already! Losing sleep, feeling anxiety, talking about Tesla all the time, obsessively going through forums, searching any Tesla related news on the web, watching all YouTube videos I can find, checking my car configuration several times a day just to see if any codes have changed or if the car is in production already. You know, I had many cars in my life, but I don't remember ever being so obsessed!

So, how are you all coping up with your addiction/obsession? Does it get better after some time, or does it only get worse? Please share your stories!

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

At the moment, I'm traveling for work in the Philippines while R2-D2 is back home in Sweden. I cope with the longing by checking up on him via the app from time to time, to see if he is doing alright.

My addiction has gone down a little bit, here 9 months after delivery, otherwise I was just like you.
    The love for the car however, has not diminished one bit though.

• Like x 2
  3. MSDadMich

MSDadMich Member

DriveMe,

Name the one thing about Tesla that drives your obsession more than any other characteristic of the company, car, etc?

For me, it's the fact that I'm part of the revolution that is changing the transportation industry around the globe in a way that supports a more "sustainable" future. Obvious, but so true and overdue...

:)

• Like x 2
  4. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

My obsession seems improved now that I have lived with the car over a year! I can't imagine ever getting a non-Tesla though!

• Like x 1
  5. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

It gets worse. You think the hunger will be satisfied when you take delivery but it's just the beginning :)

• Like x 2
  6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Find ways to channel that obsession and you won’t feel so guilty. EVangelize on YouTube, car shows, your local state house, etc. Write your representatives, give feedback on VW settlement money. Encourage more chargers where you live, work, and travel. Join an active group like Citizens Climate Lobby Getting started with CCL is easy cheesy! - Citizens' Climate Lobby

• Like x 2
  7. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

#7 DriveMe, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    All joking aside, that's an excellent advice, Gwgan!
    I am actually heading to a local Drive Electric event this afternoon!

8. DrivingRockies

So become a dealer? Bad advice for an addict. :p

9. Tiger

Tiger Member

Me too ;) Can't wait for 130kWh OR Supercharger, and ofcourse service center fo fixing the bugs, or fully automated assembly and QA of MX ;)

10. DrivingRockies

Also, don't make it political. That turns away a lot of people. Myself included. I came for the technology, autopilot in particular.

• Like x 1
  11. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

The denial phase really is a wonderful thing:

Don't bug me I'm on TMC...

I'm making a Tesla video and forgot to feed the kids...

Forget the king size bed, let's sleep in the model X...

Alot of this...

Me: Let's go for a drive.

Wife: Where?

Me: I don't care. Get in the car and stop with the incessant questions.

I don't have a problem. I don't have a problem. I really don't have a problem.

• Funny x 2
  12. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Member

+1

Waiting for my MX100D delivery, hopefully by the end of the month.

13. lsteiner

lsteiner Member

Count me in as a Teslaholic. Should be taking delivery of my S first week of October or so. I believe since I ordered I've been to every Tesla store within a 50 mile radius of where I live either just to sit in the car or take another test drive.

14. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

For me, it's a combination of things, it's that feeling that I have found a door that leads straight into the Future and I am about to enter it!
    My Model S just went into production this morning! So excited!

15. alevek

alevek Member

Don.t worry, there is a cure. Since I got my Bolt I don't drive my P85D anymore. I make my wife drive it, and she's not too happy about it.

16. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

You prefer Bolt over P85D??? Wow!!! To each his own I guess! :D

17. Ski Krazy

Ski Krazy Member

I think many of us feel your pain... or pleasure rather! I just picked up my MX 100D last week and I love it. Feels so good driving it, a feeling I've never felt in any other car.

All things considered, I think it's a good addiction to have. Better for your health to drive your Tesla in the morning to get your addiction fix than doing a line of coke. :D On the other hand, a little mark in the centre of my windshield showed up looking like a stone chip. Almost gave me an anxiety attack until I checked it and realized it was just a bug splatter.

Ups and down like anything else I suppose!

• Like x 1
  18. WillK

WillK Member

Hi,
    My name is Will and I am a Teslaholic. It started in Oct of last year when I started to look for a car to replace my Jetta Diesel wagon. I looked at many electric cars and checked out their companies. I tried to avoid Tesla cause I knew they were more expensive than I normally pay. Ended up test driving the car and LOVED it. Needed the range and everything else and did not want to wait for the Model 3.
    The company is fascinating, the cars, the battery storage, the solar just the whole vision. I spend my spare time on this forum, google news, youtube and recently added Podcasts.
    Also now addicted to Spacex news.
    And washing my car.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. Struja

Struja Member

I wash my car when it's clean.

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 1