Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslaholics Anonymous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys experience any symptoms of Tesla addiction? I think I am a teslaholic! :D

I am not even an owner yet (expect to become one later this month), but I think I am addicted already! Losing sleep, feeling anxiety, talking about Tesla all the time, obsessively going through forums, searching any Tesla related news on the web, watching all YouTube videos I can find, checking my car configuration several times a day just to see if any codes have changed or if the car is in production already. You know, I had many cars in my life, but I don't remember ever being so obsessed!

So, how are you all coping up with your addiction/obsession? Does it get better after some time, or does it only get worse? Please share your stories!

At the moment, I'm traveling for work in the Philippines while R2-D2 is back home in Sweden. I cope with the longing by checking up on him via the app from time to time, to see if he is doing alright.

My addiction has gone down a little bit, here 9 months after delivery, otherwise I was just like you.
The love for the car however, has not diminished one bit though.

Find ways to channel that obsession and you won’t feel so guilty. EVangelize on YouTube, car shows, your local state house, etc. Write your representatives, give feedback on VW settlement money. Encourage more chargers where you live, work, and travel. Join an active group like Citizens Climate Lobby Getting started with CCL is easy cheesy! - Citizens' Climate Lobby
Also, don't make it political. That turns away a lot of people. Myself included. I came for the technology, autopilot in particular.

Reactions: Eclectic
So, how are you all coping up with your addiction/obsession?

The denial phase really is a wonderful thing:

Don't bug me I'm on TMC...

I'm making a Tesla video and forgot to feed the kids...

Forget the king size bed, let's sleep in the model X...

Alot of this...

Me: Let's go for a drive.

Wife: Where?

Me: I don't care. Get in the car and stop with the incessant questions.

I don't have a problem. I don't have a problem. I really don't have a problem.

I think many of us feel your pain... or pleasure rather! I just picked up my MX 100D last week and I love it. Feels so good driving it, a feeling I've never felt in any other car.

All things considered, I think it's a good addiction to have. Better for your health to drive your Tesla in the morning to get your addiction fix than doing a line of coke. :D On the other hand, a little mark in the centre of my windshield showed up looking like a stone chip. Almost gave me an anxiety attack until I checked it and realized it was just a bug splatter.

Ups and down like anything else I suppose!

Reactions: EinSV and DriveMe
Hi,
My name is Will and I am a Teslaholic. It started in Oct of last year when I started to look for a car to replace my Jetta Diesel wagon. I looked at many electric cars and checked out their companies. I tried to avoid Tesla cause I knew they were more expensive than I normally pay. Ended up test driving the car and LOVED it. Needed the range and everything else and did not want to wait for the Model 3.
The company is fascinating, the cars, the battery storage, the solar just the whole vision. I spend my spare time on this forum, google news, youtube and recently added Podcasts.
Also now addicted to Spacex news.
And washing my car.

• Love
Reactions: Gwgan and DriveMe
I'm starting to miss the initial crowd gatherings that my Model S got soon after I got it recently. Now that neighbors have seen it, the novelty has worn off which makes me sad since I'll never grow tired of it. I may have to start taking drastic measures such as busting out the summon feature at a supermarket parking lot or better yet, just open up the frunk and stare into it for no reason. That'll pull in people who think I'm having engine trouble ;)