TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TeslaLAClub (SoCalGreenSpeed) event

Discussion in 'California' started by DrComputer, Jan 22, 2013.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

This one is going to be HUGE! This is our first get together in the LA area with most owners now with their shiny new Model S' and they want to share and show them off. This could be the largest private Tesla get together in the US ever.

What's great about these is not only meeting other people of like mind and sharing stories about finding this amazing car and company, is also learning from others all the little tips, perks and advantages you might not have even known about.

I remember a Roadster owner that had driven for years and came to a drive and learned that there is a glove box under that passenger seat! Who knows what cool features your S has that you don't know about? Jim will be there with his new S trunk lite mod and mine in the Roadster has taken it to a new level. I know you are loosing sleep waiting for that kind "truncated" excitement... :)

Come on out and enjoy the cars and the company.

2. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

Looking at your website calendar, I saw a link for the 3rd Sunday to be "Super Car Sunday", but they now have a note:

"THE 1st SUNDAY IS NOW THE BIG SUPERCAR SUNDAY!"

3. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Darn...gonna miss it by a day. Car arrives on Sunday.

4. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

Saw it as I was driving home on Paseo del Mar - very cool! Had I been in my Karma I would have tagged along :)

5. PorscheDealer

PorscheDealer Member

I plan to get my new S in early March and would love to see all of you! How about a meet-up near Encino/Sherman oaks on a Sunday?

6. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

Any pictures from the PV drive yesterday?

7. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I'm sure once Randy gets his pictures unloaded from his camera he will post them. Eric (VFX) and I had an unfortunate meeting with a large metal pole that was thrown from a truck on the 405 freeway on our way to the event. I hit it first in my S and then Eric hit it in his Roadster. It took out both tires and rims on the left side of my car and took out his left rear rim. Both of our cars had to be flat bedded to the LA service center. We hopped in an Enterprise rental and rejoined the group back at the restaurant after the drive. Eric took pictures of the damage to our wheels and I snapped a few of us being unloaded at the LA service center. Once they get it up on the lift they will find out if there is any bad damage under the cars. From what I could see looking at the car while they were on the towtrucks, it didn't look too bad... but only a lift and a tech will tell.

2013-01-26 10.49.29.jpg 2013-01-26 10.49.22.jpg

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Eep! Glad you guys are ok.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Crap! What unfortunate timing!

Well, yeah, glad nobody was hurt.
    And it sounds like you were close to the service center so getting the cars to a place for repairs wasn't as bad as if you were in the middle of nowhere.

Gotta love those LA freeways... (not)

10. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Here's some pictures of the pipe that was in the middle of the road that we couldn't avoid.

photo 5.JPG

photo 11.JPG

photo 22.JPG

11. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

Wow - sorry to hear that! Very unfortunate - hope there wasn't too much damage.

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Wow, if you got the license number of that truck he could be in pretty serious trouble. That could have killed someone.

13. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Totally agree. LA is horrible for crap flying off vehicles. I ran over a step ladder before (but didn't see the vehicle). If I ever see the offending vehicle, I will definitely take a pic (if time allows) and call 911. There are too many complete idiots in the world.

14. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

any other photos from the event?

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

16. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

17. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I am just so so sorry about all of this.

18. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member