Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up switching to TeslaFi full time after helping to beta test it before it went public (TeslaFi car #6). Once I realized TeslaLog was not being kept up to date at the same pace as TeslaFi, I decided to stop it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to import data into TeslaFi but you could always put in a feature request and maybe it'll get enough attention to be implemented. I'm in the boat as you as I have about 4 months of TeslaLog data from when I got my first Model S before I officially started logging with TeslaFi.

Poor for a public facing, subscription, system, along with taking 4 days short of a month to sort it out - which also suggests no/poor notification systems in place to alert to the Author to the problem and (once critical nature and inability to promptly fix were known) no email-to customers to let them know and forewarn them to make other arrangements.

Customers will vote with their feet, me included.

Reactions: robertvg and UlrA
The thing I experienced with 3 years data logging using the API: from time to time the car would not be accessible anyway, either because there was no 3G/LTE connection for a longer time, or the Tesla API was down.
I downloaded the data from Teslalog to Excel for my own reporting on a monthly basis and always did some roundtrip calculations to spot the missing trip/charging data because of this. And filled in the gaps manually.
I guess any logging system that relies on these connections has the same problem, how does Teslafi handle this ?
A system that would record detailed drive/charge data on board through the ODB of can bus would be better IMO.

Reactions: UlrA
Dear all!

Recently Marc (creator) explained, that all his work to maintain, fix or update teslalog is given to us for free, the annual fee is only used for hosting and hardware and he is not taking anything for his time out of it! Actual, when he is spending time for teslalog it either reduces his living income or we steal him away from his family (my guess).

I suggest to raise the existing subscription fee allowing his time spent to fix/maintain/update teslalog is neither cutting out of his living income nor his free time anymore. Like raising it in a way allowing him to plan for n hours of time spent for teslalog per year.

I strongly believe that the subscribers of teslalog are more than willing to contribute and giving him a reliable income stream, keeping the service alive and him (and his family) happy ;-)

As an alternative I imagine a regularly information (as e.g. in wikipedia or archive.org) showing the status of a to be created donation pool of "paid hours", which is today at zero. It could show the already spent accumulated hours per month or year and the planned hours to be spent in coming time per month/year. Thus everyone see whether we are "good" for this year/next year or even the next disaster and can chip in.

What do you think?

BR Oaito

Reactions: bhzmark
anyone?

It seems that a few accel logs will load, but most will not. Just freezes on:

upload_2019-5-8_9-7-42.png