Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome tool, Marc! I'm just going over the data now for the first time after a weekend trip.

One small thing: the wind direction arrows are backwards. If the wind heading is 270, it's blowing from the West. I had a strong tailwind yesterday and the arrows are showing it as a headwind.

I haven't signed up quite yet, but wanted to comment on something I saw from the YouTube video. I giggled when I saw the degrees character represented by a normal 'o'.

You can print a degree symbol ( º ) in HTML via either ° or °

Last edited:
Hi everyone !

I've been wanting to implement an calendar system that is very flexible rather than implement independent features... But I see the road ahead of me in supporting that and I'm thinking to just make the different popular function rather than provide a programming language that flexible.

It also make thing much easier to program, and much simpler for the user since it would clearly state what does what.

So in that step forward, I've created a dummy page that show the predefined scheduling feature that I'm thinking to implement.

You can check it out here : TeslaLog - Demo View

This is only a place holder for me to brainstorm and it actually does nothing !

There is more feature that I got planned that would go into the GEO Action page. For example : Notify someone you pickup everyday that you are getting close by. Or keep the car unlocked when in your garage. Or more general functions like sending you a warning if your car go Off while your Panoroof is open.

But I'm looking more specifically regarding something you might want to schedule.

Not just all possibility, but something that would actually be useful. It doesn't mean that I'll implement it if you ask for it, but it might help to structure the backend so it easier to do it later on.

Thank you for the great tool!

One of the things I use VisibleTesla for is scheduling the setting the charge level to 90% at 10:00pm every night (I start my charging at 10:30). I do it so that if I set the charge level to 100% for a trip that, and I forget to set it back the battery will not be sitting long term at 100%

One other suggestion, on the "Monthly kWh Charge" there is a note:
PS: Exclude Tesla SuperCharger, CHAdeMO and AC charging under 220 volt to estimate total home charging

Could you lower the 220 volt limit to 200 volts, for some reason eh car reads my 220 volt HPWC is closer to 207 volts.

I've posted this request in the Ludicrous upgrade thread, but posting again here for more visibility:

Does anyone with a P90D have a login on teslalog.com? If so, can you please check your car info details for any mention of Ludicrous? Thanks!

EDIT: it would also be useful for non-Ludicrous P90D owners to report what they see as their car model for comparison purposes.

FYI, the page I'm referring to is the car info page which is what appears after you click on your car from the garage. Looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 10.08.21 AM.png

I've posted this request in the Ludicrous upgrade thread, but posting again here for more visibility:

Does anyone with a P90D have a login on teslalog.com? If so, can you please check your car info details for any mention of Ludicrous? Thanks!

EDIT: it would also be useful for non-Ludicrous P90D owners to report what they see as their car model for comparison purposes.

It won't say Ludicrous because I'm not sure I know what options code represent Ludicrous ;)

I'm tracking 7 P90D. I would have to contact them and ask them if they have ludicrous or not and compare their options codes to know.

So far, the battery code for 90kWh seem to be BR01 (rather than BT90 like the other battery were BT60,70,85..).

If you want to see on tesla log your option code, you can add this at the end of the URL for the car_info.html: &debug=true&show_all=true

As you can see, there is quite a few that I don't know what they are. Some of them though I just didn't bother to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the great tool!

One of the things I use VisibleTesla for is scheduling the setting the charge level to 90% at 10:00pm every night (I start my charging at 10:30). I do it so that if I set the charge level to 100% for a trip that, and I forget to set it back the battery will not be sitting long term at 100%

One other suggestion, on the "Monthly kWh Charge" there is a note:
PS: Exclude Tesla SuperCharger, CHAdeMO and AC charging under 220 volt to estimate total home charging

Could you lower the 220 volt limit to 200 volts, for some reason eh car reads my 220 volt HPWC is closer to 207 volts.

What about do a feature that would set your charge level to 90% automaticly once you go driving after a 100% charge. Or make it that it will send you an email notify (And maybe a public link to set it to 90% that valid for that charging session only...)

As for the charging, your data is still there, it just not displayed. The 220 volt was to discard 3 phase commercial charging location which is what most public charging station use over here. So a 208volt sound like your on 3 phase..

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't signed up quite yet, but wanted to comment on something I saw from the YouTube video. I giggled when I saw the degrees character represented by a normal 'o'.

You can print a degree symbol ( º ) in HTML via either ° or °
I know, I was lazy ;) But hey see, I didn't even need to do a google lookup to change it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome tool, Marc! I'm just going over the data now for the first time after a weekend trip.

One small thing: the wind direction arrows are backwards. If the wind heading is 270, it's blowing from the West. I had a strong tailwind yesterday and the arrows are showing it as a headwind.

Your talking about the wind direction on the map or in the head wind page while driving ?

I checked quickly it and the arrow seem to point to the right degree provided by the weather data I have. If your refering about the weather data being wrong, that could be that the observation station was too far away (I guess I could show how far it was...), or you were on a zone where the weather change...

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this applies just to me or is a general bug, so thought I'd post.

For the most recent trip in my log, which was taken this afternoon, the Temperature chart is just missing entirely. The page has space for it, but it is not there. The chart is present for a trip taken earlier in the day.

Thanks!

I though I saw that once but I couldn't see it again... send me a private message with the link and I'll check it, probably a null value that cause the graph to fail to display.

It won't say Ludicrous because I'm not sure I know what options code represent Ludicrous ;)

I'm tracking 7 P90D. I would have to contact them and ask them if they have ludicrous or not and compare their options codes to know.

So far, the battery code for 90kWh seem to be BR01 (rather than BT90 like the other battery were BT60,70,85..).

If you want to see on tesla log your option code, you can add this at the end of the URL for the car_info.html: &debug=true&show_all=true

As you can see, there is quite a few that I don't know what they are. Some of them though I just didn't bother to do it.

Thanks for the debug info, more rep points given! :biggrin:

Now my turn to help - you can see all the possible options in the link below (just click on "Show all possible options" at the top):

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

Your talking about the wind direction on the map or in the head wind page while driving ?

I checked quickly it and the arrow seem to point to the right degree provided by the weather data I have. If your refering about the weather data being wrong, that could be that the observation station was too far away (I guess I could show how far it was...), or you were on a zone where the weather change...

I mean the arrows on the map are backwards. For example, if I click on one of the arrows, it says "Wind direction: 247", which means the wind is coming from the west-southwest, but the arrow is pointing to the west-southwest. I was traveling east and I know we had a stiff tailwind - other weather pages said the wind was from the west and I could see it in flags, etc. When a weather report refers to "west winds", that means they are coming from the west. Same goes for a wind heading - it's the compass heading that the winds are coming from. So you need to reverse the arrows if you want them pointing in the direction the wind is going.

As for the headwind page, I tried that but it always said Wind heading: 360, Wind speed 0 kph, when I know the wind was 25-35 km/h from the west, based on other weather pages such as teslaweather.com. It seems it wasn't able to get wind data.

Last edited:
I mean the arrows on the map are backwards. For example, if I click on one of the arrows, it says "Wind direction: 247", which means the wind is coming from the west-southwest, but the arrow is point to the west-southwest. I was traveling east and I know we had a stiff tailwind - other weather pages said the wind was from the west and I could see it in flags, etc. When a weather report refers to "west winds", that means they are coming from the west. Same goes for a wind heading - it's the compass heading that the winds are coming from. So you need to reverse the arrows if you want them pointing in the direction the wind is going.

As for the headwind page, I tried that but it always said Wind heading: 360, Wind speed 0 kph, when I know the wind was 25-35 km/h from the west, based on other weather pages such as teslaweather.com. It seems it wasn't able to get wind data.
Ok, I understood you the first time then... What I didn't get is that when I first made it, I aware of this and I remember testing it that it was going in the right direction. So it was probably really late one night ;)

I've force 180 reverse on it, so it should be fine now !

Also, the headwind page should work, but it took about 10 second for the wind information to be retrieved. It should load up faster now.

Was just checking back here and sw the tracking toggle buttons and that's awesome. I'm sure it's fine but I noticed when I was close enough to hear the car it was clicking every few minutes and probably unlikely I had to wonder if something isn't going to wear out clicking open/closed all the time. Seeing that new feature makes me happy. Thank you!

Now my turn to help - you can see all the possible options in the link below (just click on "Show all possible options" at the top):

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

Sadly that site have notre been updated for à while now

Yeah, that's my page, sorry about that.

I took a quick look under the hood of Teslas design studio yesterday but could not find the json file I used previously to get updated option codes. I could not find it in the source code, and it was nowhere to be found in the traffic between the web server and my client when running it through a transparent proxy with SSL inspection. Not sure if they changed something or I simply forgot how I did it last time. I did of course not document how I did it last time... :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

A small bug: The page "Reports > Temperature" does not show a graph for my car (ID 150). Is there maybe some invalid data that's messing up the chart view? Also I notice the ° before Celsius. Looks like the value returned from the js function cunit_des() is escaped. I guess you could just return 'º' instead of '°C'.

(BTW, funny name for the imperial units in your source code :biggrin: )
temperature.png

Looking more into the code it seems I can update the options decoder with some work.

Regarding Ludicrous option codes.

BP01 = Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
BP00 = No Ludicrous
BR01 = Range Upgrade (90kWh)
BR00 = No Range Upgrade

Was just checking back here and sw the tracking toggle buttons and that's awesome. I'm sure it's fine but I noticed when I was close enough to hear the car it was clicking every few minutes and probably unlikely I had to wonder if something isn't going to wear out clicking open/closed all the time. Seeing that new feature makes me happy. Thank you!

It going to click for lot of different several reason, even when the logger is not recording. But the logger force the car to never go to sleep.

One of the big side effect is that the car run off the 12volt battery even when it plugged in, which mean the 400volt will engage every X minutes/hours to recharge that 12volt battery. I wish tesla put a 12volt charger that keep the charging outlet active but it doesn't. So that will put some wear and tear on the 12volt battery, and maybe on the battery contactor as well. Lot of the internal computer also run, so let say there is wear on those as well. If you have a early battery pack, it might be a good thing forcing that to break before your warranty end and getting it fixed (It seem tesla wait for it to break before replacing the contactor).

But I'm personally not worried much about it except how long the 12volt battery will last... But we have seen people having to change the battery within 2 year without doing 24/7 logging, and I'm past my 1.5year with no issue there. So it up to you if the data you collect is more interesting than the unknown. Think of some of the home electronic you have at home, like cable box that mostly never die (unless it have a hard drive in it :) There is always a risk, but you might have a manufacture defect that might be found before your warranty end with this logger activated because of higher internal computer usage... So there is pro and cons... Again, I love having my car responsive when I want to pre-heat it, and having most of the data from it.

One thing I'll be looking is if when the car is idle, I could ask for some less information, how much lower the draw will be. But I don't think it will make much difference, so it not in my priority a part from maybe having timer for for when not to monitor the car (at night for example after you charged your car).

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but there are still some options that I didn't see on your site (for my car at least) but are on this decoder list. For example:

AD02 = NEMA 14-50
CDM0 = ChaDeMo Adapter
QRLB = Next-Gen Seats Black
SR01 = Second Row Seats
WXW4 = Standard tires (not winter)

Some of these options is in the code but commented out. I want to update that page to make it more flexible and data driven rather than having it hard coded like it is right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's my page, sorry about that.

I took a quick look under the hood of Teslas design studio yesterday but could not find the json file I used previously to get updated option codes. I could not find it in the source code, and it was nowhere to be found in the traffic between the web server and my client when running it through a transparent proxy with SSL inspection. Not sure if they changed something or I simply forgot how I did it last time. I did of course not document how I did it last time... :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

A small bug: The page "Reports > Temperature" does not show a graph for my car (ID 150). Is there maybe some invalid data that's messing up the chart view? Also I notice the ° before Celsius. Looks like the value returned from the js function cunit_des() is escaped. I guess you could just return 'º' instead of '°C'.

(BTW, funny name for the imperial units in your source code :biggrin: )
View attachment 107918

First, thanks for taking the time to decode those options code ! I've done a few myself, but I used lot of yours ! (About page on the site coming with reference ressources ;)

That page should be fixed now. I've just convert it to actual character for that title only.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking more into the code it seems I can update the options decoder with some work.

Regarding Ludicrous option codes.

BP01 = Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
BP00 = No Ludicrous
BR01 = Range Upgrade (90kWh)
BR00 = No Range Upgrade

Ha BP01 ! Thanks !

P90D Ludicrous owner will now see the small gray line under their car icon :)

Reactions: robertvg
After pulling my hair for way too long today I finally got a json of the current options list, pricebook-3.5_MS_US.json. All current (and I believe previous) options are listed in that file. The site in my signature is now up to date, at least with the US configurator. There are some country specific codes concerning left/right hand steering and charging. I will get to that later.

Reactions: robertvg
Depending on how that BP01 code is assigned, you may also want to be putting that small gray line under upgraded P85Ds. (That depends, of course, on whether or not upgraded P85Ds get the BP01 code assigned.)

I checked and no P85D have the BP01 set... I check because I had to create the image with the line under and I just did one for P90D (P85D with it won't see a logo).

That code is put when the car is constructed I think, so changes afterward won't apply.(I think anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

No European users?

Over 50% of the user I think are outside of the USA.