Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great logging options! But I've found a bug under "Monthly kWh Charge".
I guess you are calculating this based on the efficiency of the charging? This "efficiency" is wrong on my car because the car reports that it is charging on 3 phases, but actually the car is only charging at 2 phases. This means that the listing shows a lot 35% efficiency.

So is it possible to make the Monthly kWh Charge visible without the efficiency calculated? Now the numbers are 60% higher due to the bug in the reporting of the tesla.

I see this is fixed, also my issue with the incorrect values are fixed! thanks!
Speed should be a bit better... did a temp fix.

The reason why you think it fixed it because I've disabled the outlet kwh calculation and moved it to an external script. I got no idea why that query is now slow. Used to be near instant now it take over 1 second to run... So I've made it a stored value into the charging session table. But populating that table will take over 36hours with it current slowness. I know way to make it faster, but I actually have to work and earn some money right now ! But at least the site is more responsive for the moment.

Speed should be a bit better... did a temp fix.

The reason why you think it fixed it because I've disabled the outlet kwh calculation and moved it to an external script. I got no idea why that query is now slow. Used to be near instant now it take over 1 second to run... So I've made it a stored value into the charging session table. But populating that table will take over 36hours with it current slowness. I know way to make it faster, but I actually have to work and earn some money right now ! But at least the site is more responsive for the moment.

Is that why I'm seeing the following on the list view?

I'd love to see the data in red again so I can determine how much energy I'm pulling from my house in order to not have my roommates pay for my charging. :p

Like many others here, just say the word and I'm happy to contribute financially to help cover some hosting costs, too. Your site is so helpful for us data nerds!

Like many others here, just say the word and I'm happy to contribute financially to help cover some hosting costs, too. Your site is so helpful for us data nerds!

I'm sure you're thinking about a business model, but please just open some kind of donation page. Now that I can log all my trips, it gets me a significant tax deduction in the Netherlands. I can easily account for all my trips, and split out business/personal trips). Paying for this service would also make it a business expense :)

Reactions: robertvg
I'd love to see the data in red again so I can determine how much energy I'm pulling from my house in order to not have my roommates pay for my charging. :p

I think his script is running to calculate this, but will take 36+ hours, see here:

The reason why you think it fixed it because I've disabled the outlet kwh calculation and moved it to an external script. I got no idea why that query is now slow. Used to be near instant now it take over 1 second to run... So I've made it a stored value into the charging session table. But populating that table will take over 36hours with it current slowness.

Exactly ! Those value will be back... Working hard to get my new data logger operational. I've got everything ported except the live trip.
I'm sure you're thinking about a business model, but please just open some kind of donation page. Now that I can log all my trips, it gets me a significant tax deduction in the Netherlands. I can easily account for all my trips, and split out business/personal trips). Paying for this service would also make it a business expense :)
I've look at opening just donation page, but that would cause issue legally over here... So only good way is to start a business. That mean a first year cost of over 2000$, and nothing is useful yet... So I got to be sure enough people are interested to pay to that it can at the minimum pay all the costs..

Right now, my priority is to keep the site running well. I've done a few more tweak that made the site much faster now but don't know for how long.

I've finally rewrote my data logger. I've mostly have it done... Feature missing is the force climate on, the auto climate on on geo location, and the toggle to set the logging on for streaming or minutely capture.

I'll try to switch everyone on that new data logger tonight and see if it can handle the load on a single server (I haven't made that data logger multiserver capable for the moment).

This will allow me to shutdown the teslalog.com website and database while still logging your trips. I can then perform different maintenance on the DB even if it take a very long time (haven't counted, but probably over 1 billion of entry so far), and synchronized what on the data logger system to the teslalog.com website.

And still waiting for that damn new server to be ready...

• Informative
Reactions: pjw65 and redevries
I haven't seen anything logged since Wednesday morning. I looked at the Tesla Tokens page and it showed last code as "vehicle unavailable" so I generated a new token. The most recent one is showing last code as "null" but still not bringing in any new logs (either before or after generating the new token). Is there something I'm missing?

I haven't seen anything logged since Wednesday morning. I looked at the Tesla Tokens page and it showed last code as "vehicle unavailable" so I generated a new token. The most recent one is showing last code as "null" but still not bringing in any new logs (either before or after generating the new token). Is there something I'm missing?
What your car ID ?(shown in the URL when your in your trip list)