Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I moved the server, I used a 'trick' to get static IP from an outside server room to the location where the server were. It seem to work fine, but I kept hearing from you saying the site was slow (which run pretty good on my end).

I've decided to change it this weekend to a local IP address and apparently I got comment that it fast again now ! So I'll leave it like this instead.

A bonus, the google map kml work again... So the trick I used probably was at fault for this issue.

I've done lot of tweaking on the backend, and I noticed that my code to resume a trip was when I restart it based itself on the timestamp of the current time instead of the time the entry was received, which would surely create new trip.

So actually lot of the things I've been spending hours and hours the past 2 week are related to my ip address trick (Which I think I know why It didn't work correctly). And lot of the issues in the past 2 week are because of my trying to do changes that might improve it.

So check starting today at 2:15 PM eastern time, check if you still have issue on anything and let me know. As far as I can tell.

I say 2:15pm because I just did a change on the trip capture system. Tesla server seem to send me partial information on car live statistics. I had this issue with my python capture system and now with my native C capture. I've also look further and tesla server send me the number of byte he wish to send me, and even that byte number show missing data. Because of this missing 'D'rive in the live data, I will close the trip (no 'D' mean the car if Off normally). So I've changed it so that if I get nothing and it was less than 60 second that I received a 'D'rive, then take it as a drive anyway, since it take more than 1 minute for a car to switch from Park to sleep. That should take care of that issue.

Moc logging off !

Do you still see this since Friday lunch time (eastern time ?)
Yes. This was Sat evening May 7.
18:44 - 18:52 - SJH - 2.7Miles 318.6Wh/mi - ODO 4259
18:42 - 18:44 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 1Miles 66Wh/mi - ODO 4256
18:41 - 18:42 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 0.9Miles 4.8Wh/mi - ODO 4255
18:39 - 18:41 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 0.8Miles 318.6Wh/mi - ODO 4254
18:39 - 18:39 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 0.4Miles 458.7Wh/mi - ODO 4254
18:35 - 18:39 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 1.4Miles 152.9Wh/mi - ODO 4253
18:13 - 18:35 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 18.1Miles 244.6Wh/mi - ODO 4252

Yes. This was Sat evening May 7.
18:44 - 18:52 - SJH - 2.7Miles 318.6Wh/mi - ODO 4259
18:42 - 18:44 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 1Miles 66Wh/mi - ODO 4256
18:41 - 18:42 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 0.9Miles 4.8Wh/mi - ODO 4255
18:39 - 18:41 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 0.8Miles 318.6Wh/mi - ODO 4254
18:39 - 18:39 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 0.4Miles 458.7Wh/mi - ODO 4254
18:35 - 18:39 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 1.4Miles 152.9Wh/mi - ODO 4253
18:13 - 18:35 - undefined, undefined, undefined - 18.1Miles 244.6Wh/mi - ODO 4252
Let me know since 2:15pm eastern on sunday (today). I've seen one on my own trip on friday after noon as well. I've done a tweak to ignore invalid data tesla send me.

It definitely feels snappier now, and the trip I took at 2pm PST looks correct.

However, one issue I still have (and had before the move) is that I seem to get logged out in a very bizarre way - it will show me the wrong car, but if I go back to the "Garage" page everything works out. If I stay on the Trips page, however, it doesn't load anything.

However, one issue I still have (and had before the move) is that I seem to get logged out in a very bizarre way - it will show me the wrong car, but if I go back to the "Garage" page everything works out. If I stay on the Trips page, however, it doesn't load anything.

I've had this issue as well... php session cookie expire but I do keep another session cookie that last a few month. Only the home page verified that cookie every time. Before, all the page did it, but it slow down the site having an additional web call. I've added a check to see if the php session cookie existed before, if not, don't expect to be logged in and check for it. I've also started a wrapper on my ajax call and I'll check for error code. If I get a not logged in error, then I'll force the local variable as logged out as well.

Let me know if you still have this issue.

Last edited:
Let me know since 2:15pm eastern on sunday (today). I've seen one on my own trip on friday after noon as well. I've done a tweak to ignore invalid data tesla send me.
Better this morning but I did not catch nearly as many lights as that last trip although there were a few. There was one break and on the map it was in the middle of a road and not at a light or intersection (bad data more likely)

Hi @mochouinard,
I may have found a weird defect but not sure if it's reproducible for others. When looking at the vehicle logs screen, I click over to the Version History report and more often than not, it doesn't load anything. Then I notice that my car name has reverted to the TeslaLog car ID number and when I go to the home page, it indicates that I'm not signed in any more. Possibly related, but I noticed that signing it from Tesla Logs using my credentials just has it sit there rather than move to the garage or show any sort of status about successful or failed.

Hi @mochouinard,
I may have found a weird defect but not sure if it's reproducible for others. When looking at the vehicle logs screen, I click over to the Version History report and more often than not, it doesn't load anything. Then I notice that my car name has reverted to the TeslaLog car ID number and when I go to the home page, it indicates that I'm not signed in any more. Possibly related, but I noticed that signing it from Tesla Logs using my credentials just has it sit there rather than move to the garage or show any sort of status about successful or failed.
Actually, the problem is the version page is hyper slow since it looking for all your 1 minute data instead of the regrouped versions info. So what happen is your session is limited in simultaneous query, so until that query finish, the other page won't return. If you waited longer, it would have finished to load.

It in my todo to use the new table which is nearly instantaneous (Created for the public version page, but will be useful here as well.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hi, @mochouinard,
It's been a while I said thank you for offering TeslaLog, so I wanted to say thank you again for the software and continued support. TeslaLog is getting better with more features and less issues, while getting faster.

I use TeslaLog for live blogging and it gives the credibility to my posts with real numbers.
EVOCカンファレンス2016 in HAKONEに参加します! | EVsmartブログ
It's in Japanese so you won't be able to read but you can see how I use TeslaLog!

Reactions: jepicken
How does TeslaLog calculate "energy added"? Normally, if I look at the change in charge level (in %) multiplied by my usable battery size, it is pretty close to what TeslaLog calculates. TeslaLog also shows this as being around 92% efficient which I've read elsewhere is a reasonable level for home charging. Occasionally (and for the last few days), though, TeslaLog shows a lower number for energy added than I would estimate and an efficiency around 70%. I'm sure the TeslaLog number is incorrect, as that results in a much lower kWh added per hour than normal, but the range added per hour is always 29-30 miles per hour.

Not a big deal, but just curious as to how the calculations work.

How does TeslaLog calculate "energy added"? Normally, if I look at the change in charge level (in %) multiplied by my usable battery size, it is pretty close to what TeslaLog calculates. TeslaLog also shows this as being around 92% efficient which I've read elsewhere is a reasonable level for home charging. Occasionally (and for the last few days), though, TeslaLog shows a lower number for energy added than I would estimate and an efficiency around 70%. I'm sure the TeslaLog number is incorrect, as that results in a much lower kWh added per hour than normal, but the range added per hour is always 29-30 miles per hour.

Calculation is based on your AC voltage & AMP usage every minute added up to your total charge time with the difference of your battery energy added info.

Reactions: hiroshiy

I recorded a charging session on 30th May which reported some strange averages so I had a look at the minute-by-minute charging data and for some reason the logging stopped after about 3 hours although the charging session was still ongoing. There is one final datapoint after 12h45m but the charge session only took about 4h30 so a spurious number was extrapolated for energy supplied (90.4 kWh but my car is only a 70!) and efficiency (37%, whereas it is usually 94%). I don't use TeslaLog daily but have noticed a couple of log "drop-outs" during journeys in the last couple of days.

In my case it looks like the energy added figure is about right - I guess this was taken from the car's on-board calculations, but the energy supplied is wrong, again I'm guessing this is calculated from the minute-by-minute current and voltage supply readings so it can't be recovered if the logging drops out?