Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it works for me, i have records from today 6/1
This si what I get:
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 10.17.29 AM.png

Should I get a new token?

LOL, So, i've been having a strange vampire loss of around 5-7 miles/night for the last several months... I realized after getting the email about getting a new token that Teslalog (which I completely forgot that I signed up for) has been quietly logging all my drives over that time... After getting a new token, I turned off the tracking and voila, no more vampire loss :). Shame on me for forgetting!

I turned off Monitor Drive and Monitor State to see if that helps with the vampire loss, but it seems like the site is still recording drives, at least partial ones. Is this a defect, @mochouinard?
I did that as an experiment back in April and saw no change in vampire losses. I believe with the monitor settings off there may be some missed moments at the start of some drives but would like to hears the author's detailed response. Next test is to let the token expire and see how it goes. I won't let it be expired for long, I really like having TeslaLog logs.

I did that as an experiment back in April and saw no change in vampire losses. I believe with the monitor settings off there may be some missed moments at the start of some drives but would like to hears the author's detailed response. Next test is to let the token expire and see how it goes. I won't let it be expired for long, I really like having TeslaLog logs.
What methods did you use to determine whether the vampire loss still there or not? I also couldn't seem to find a method to "delete" a token but I may be blind. Did you?

I though to made it open source, but it actually more time consuming to do it this way. Most people won't know how to set it up, and will keep asking question, posting weird specific issues to their setup... I just don't want to deal with that !!!
Can you still make this open source? I'm a web developer and tinker myself and can probably research and debug any issues I run into, or I'd use this as a project to play around with for fun. I'm interested in using this only for myself, so that I can control access to the data.

Also is it possible to at least create a privacy policy? Or are there any other tools to recommend for tracking my car's information?

Is the TeslaLog web server down? I haven't been able to reach it from two different locations this morning?

And just out of interest, when the web interface is down, is (are) data still being logged into the back-end server, or is it lost?

Thank you for this app -- it's incredibly interesting and valuable!

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy