Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone !

I've sent a survey to all registered teslalog users. If you have not seen such survey, please lookup your spam.

Starting June 1 2017, I'll be charging for the service (or a little bit tater unless there is technical reason I'm not ready to charge for it).

Please check your spam folder and answer this survey to help me out !

Thanks

Marc

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas
Is there a way we can download our data before this switches to a pay service?

Depend on how quick I can setup the billing system. Also, after the survey, 2 point does come back often, first, security, people are worried (and I'm not helping them not be with my big warning I give), about entering their Tesla Password in, the second, is how annoying it is since tesla change from 3 month to 45 days the time the key need to be updated.

So I've started an mobile application that will resolve those 2 issues. Your password will be stored on your mobile device only. Also, I'll be able to ask your mobile phone to contact tesla and generate a new Token. The days you need log back in teslalog every month to renew your token will be over ! (And also open a BUNCH of new features as time allow). So I want to get that running before july first.

The app will be android only at first, since I do not own a Mac & iPhone (I hate Apple), but once I get enough fund I'll buy one of those and do a build of the app for iPhone (I'm making sure that my app is already build so it should be cross-platform from the start).

Those are my priority right now.

My lawyers sent me the corporation registration today (Friday), so I'll to figure out how I'll deal with billing right now... Paypal seem to be the go to choice... But since I'm making an app now, I'm wondering if that might cause me issued to get the app in Android or Apple store.

Marc

• Informative
Reactions: beeeerock
people are worried about entering their Tesla Password in

TeslaFi has the option to enter the Token, generated elsewhere, instead. That might be a worthwhile additional option for the, understandably, security-concerned users.

Your APP sounds great though

Good luck with your venture, well overdue that you get some financial credit for the work that you have done, and the benefit that we have all had.

Perhaps you can make a small charge for export of data for anyone who doesn't want to pay to use the APP going forwards? Voluntary - if you prefer.

TeslaFi has the option to enter the Token, generated elsewhere, instead. That might be a worthwhile additional option for the, understandably, security-concerned users.

Your APP sounds great though

Good luck with your venture, well overdue that you get some financial credit for the work that you have done, and the benefit that we have all had.

Perhaps you can make a small charge for export of data for anyone who doesn't want to pay to use the APP going forwards? Voluntary - if you prefer.
I've posted on this post instruction to do it, the Curl command to get the token from tesla, and how to send it to TeslaLog. But it mean you need the tesla api key to generate it which I didn't provide, and I'm not interesting getting bunch of request for it... So I kept it quiet for the most part.

Depend on how quick I can setup the billing system. Also, after the survey, 2 point does come back often, first, security, people are worried (and I'm not helping them not be with my big warning I give), about entering their Tesla Password in, the second, is how annoying it is since tesla change from 3 month to 45 days the time the key need to be updated.

So I've started an mobile application that will resolve those 2 issues. Your password will be stored on your mobile device only. Also, I'll be able to ask your mobile phone to contact tesla and generate a new Token. The days you need log back in teslalog every month to renew your token will be over ! (And also open a BUNCH of new features as time allow). So I want to get that running before july first.

The app will be android only at first, since I do not own a Mac & iPhone (I hate Apple), but once I get enough fund I'll buy one of those and do a build of the app for iPhone (I'm making sure that my app is already build so it should be cross-platform from the start).

Those are my priority right now.

My lawyers sent me the corporation registration today (Friday), so I'll to figure out how I'll deal with billing right now... Paypal seem to be the go to choice... But since I'm making an app now, I'm wondering if that might cause me issued to get the app in Android or Apple store.

Marc
Marc, I've appreciated using your service last year but I had stopped when another site was able to better support my needs (and keep active development). I'd like to see how I can download the data for my vehicle saved to your site before you start locking it down, as I unfortunately am already using one service and do not want to switch back. Is this possible within the UI or some other method?

Marc, I've appreciated using your service last year but I had stopped when another site was able to better support my needs (and keep active development). I'd like to see how I can download the data for my vehicle saved to your site before you start locking it down, as I unfortunately am already using one service and do not want to switch back. Is this possible within the UI or some other method?
Same for me. A simple CSV of the trip data that shows up in the Log page would be great.

I've posted on this post instruction to do it, the Curl command to get the token from tesla, and how to send it to TeslaLog.

Here's the link for anyone that needs it:
TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

But it mean you need the tesla api key to generate it which I didn't provide, and I'm not interesting getting bunch of request for it... So I kept it quiet for the most part.

Yup, fully understand that :) Hopefully, one day, Tesla will provide a user-friendly route to getting the Token for 3rd party sites,.

Back then you also said

I can make a web form so you can submit a token you have found on your end.

:)

which is what I was alluding to in my earlier post as I think the current process of injecting the Token into a URL is beyond the capability of many users. Here's a picture in case helpful

TeslaToken.jpg

which is what I was alluding to in my earlier post as I think the current process of injecting the Token into a URL is beyond the capability of many users. Here's a picture in case helpful

I know... :) Ok Ok... I've added a quick form for the moment... I've put no validation what so ever in it yet... I'll need to rewrite that whole page (and make it nicer to use. And at the same time I got my mobile app that will do it as well, so I need to integrate both of them.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Hi @mochouinard, I am curious - if I pre-pay for 1 year, and say Tesla at some point locks things up so 3rd party services such as TeslaLog can't be used any more, will I receive a pro-rated refund? Thanks.
I must say I have split feeling about this... If I allow refund, it mean that I cannot use fund and must wait before spending that money. Understand there is no profit being made here ! If this happen and money is left, I will do a refund. But it a bit of a chance.

Understand that if Tesla lock the API today, I will be losing over 2500$ USD for the incorporation fee + the first financial accounting. That not including my time.

So I guess you guys can take a 45$ risk right ? ;)

Reactions: beeeerock
Hi @mochouinard

How do I change my Email address?

The email address I registered with has been discontinued, and I need to change it to my new one.

(I am able to login OK, I just can't find where I can make that change)

Thanks
Hi,

If you haven't subscribed yet, you can just create a new account and generate a new token on that account. Your car info will appears. You can then subscribe with your new email.

If you have already subscribed, send me an email at [email protected]