Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new user, I can't even create an account (free or paid). Impossible to add a new car (I have to click on the "white car to add it" but there is no white car), and no replies to support queries.
Looks like the service isn't maintained anymore?

Yeah, I paid for the service as well, but it's very slow to navigate around. Features and functionality hasn't really shown up after the payment option became active, which I was hoping for... might be time to move to Teslafi, which is unfortunate, because they charge too much for a multi-vehicle family, unlike Teslalog which is one payment for multiple cars, which I like.

There really needs to be a 3rd service that charges a reasonable fee for multiple cars.

Sadly it not playing catchup this time. A user reported an issue so I disabled the vacuming of the DB so he can report back with the issue occurring again but never got feedback and I forgot that I disabled the vacuum, so the db was full. Some information was logged, but some is lost sadly.

I've reenabled my vacuming script which going to take some time to run, but logging should be active again.

Reactions: Gwgan
Something fishy today, 45 minute trip that started just after midnight ended in 1969 and I swear I was not driving that fast. Two more trips during the day do not appear.
Begin Fri Dec 29 2017 00:00:09 GMT-0500 (EST)
Finish Sat Dec 13 1969 07:08:21 GMT-0500 (EST)

• Funny
Reactions: Nosken
Something fishy today, 45 minute trip that started just after midnight ended in 1969 and I swear I was not driving that fast. Two more trips during the day do not appear.
Begin Fri Dec 29 2017 00:00:09 GMT-0500 (EST)
Finish Sat Dec 13 1969 07:08:21 GMT-0500 (EST)
That should be fixed and show the correct date now.
PS. note there is currently of backlog data to be imported... It importing faster than it is capturing which mean that it should resolve in a little while ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: beeeerock and Gwgan
Mouchinanrd, as much as I enjoy Teslalog and have become a paying subscriber, how the hell is a paying subscriber supposed to get in touch?

There are no telephone numbers (OK, I can accept that).
There are no email addresses ?!?

The T&Cs at the bottom say "If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us."

Just how am I supposed to do that?

Whilst it's a hobby thing, fine. As soon as you start taking money - which you have been for a quite a few months now (and it's not something I dispute at all, I know these things cost to run), you REALLY need to provide some official form of contact. Even the billing people Canada Inc don't have contact details.

Yes, you have some presence here on TMC, and I'm using TMC to get in touch, but what about those that don't know about TMC and just come across your website and sign up?

What I really want to do is change the email address used for subscription. This seems impossible.

I don't want to cancel and have another account as I'm fairly sure this will drop all my existing data.

Please provide some reassurance.

What I really want to do is change the email address used for subscription. This seems impossible.

I don't want to cancel and have another account as I'm fairly sure this will drop all my existing data.

You could, actually... the data is tied to the VIN of the car, so even if you sell the car, the new owner, starting a new account, will have all your old data.

You have to contact him to have the data erased... something I really don't like about this. I think it should follow the account, not the car. I understand why it's done that way technically, but just tie that data in a separate table or field, to an account name. Then, if in the future, you want to transfer that data to someone, you just change that table and that person then has access to all the data, but otherwise, they start fresh when you sell your car.

You could, actually... the data is tied to the VIN of the car, so even if you sell the car, the new owner, starting a new account, will have all your old data.

You have to contact him to have the data erased... something I really don't like about this. I think it should follow the account, not the car. I understand why it's done that way technically, but just tie that data in a separate table or field, to an account name. Then, if in the future, you want to transfer that data to someone, you just change that table and that person then has access to all the data, but otherwise, they start fresh when you sell your car.
True... For some it a feature, for others it a problem... The idea is if a couple both have an account to Tesla Log, they can both use their own login/password for tracking the same cars without having data logged in double.

I have lot of different idea on how to manage this actually, but time is always the issues here... I got a bunch of stuff started that I just can't finish yet. Christmas period was suposed to be relax so I can play on the site but it ended up being busy non stop (I took the 24 evening and the 25 off and that it, not even the weekend. The 31 evening I was at the Colo and 1 Jan at 2am I was at home answering emergency calls because over flow of call at client (taxi cab business).

Also note that right now the subscription fee pay only corportation creation fee, accounting fee, and some hardware and services needed to run the site. I'm not getting any money myself and I even pay monthly subscription like every one else ! And for hardware we can only afford used server (but I did get some new SSD Drive to help the database). Used doesn't mean slow, but doesn't mean bleading edge fast neither...

With next year subscription income, I'll start doubling the hardware and create clustering of the DB and maybe a third standalone server to run 24/7 precompiled stats (But that also need lot of my time to create the UI and backend for it).

And that not talking about all the new stuff I wanted to put in place !!!

With next year subscription income, I'll start doubling the hardware and create clustering of the DB and maybe a third standalone server to run 24/7 precompiled stats

You should really look into Amazon AWS (or google or any other cloud based server platform). Also look into RDS for cloud based database hosting services.

I was renting at a colo for a rack of servers to run my business for $820/month rent (that's just space, power, cooling, and bandwidth -- not including any hardware which I owned).

I moved everything to Amazon AWS, and now for even more functionality, flexibiliuty, and performance, I'm paying about $400/month. With the added bonus, I NEVER have to visit a datacenter again, or worry about hardware failures or upgrades (which always seemed to happen when I was on holiday).

I pulled all my equipment and donated it to charity (about nine servers plus other networking hardware). I kept one Dell R610 just for kicks in case I ever need something like that again.

Best move I ever made.

Well, I make it hard to reach on purposes. But since most people come from the forum, I can still be reached. You could have created a feature request as well which I receive a new email on each of them. My email and phone number should be in the payment subscription email.

Email me at [email protected] and we will figure out how to do that with the billing processor and the site.
Thanks :) Just dropped you an email. Apologies if I came across a bit harsh, it was more my frustration for which I feel a bit bad missing the email link in the billing email.

You could, actually... the data is tied to the VIN of the car, so even if you
sell the car, the new owner, starting a new account, will have all your old data.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure whether this was the case and thought it was the other way around.