Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try teslamate_database_1 instead of my_database_container. It's not the way I'd go into the DB, but I'm no Docker expert.

Thank you. I did that, and it asked for my password, and is just sitting here like this...

Attachments

• 1628193155561.png
    1628193155561.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 69
I can not get my existing Teslamate in GCP tuned down to run within the free tier. For the month of July I got billed EUR 12.69. In billing details I found that the SKU that is not free is the Static IP charge. Other GCP-users also have this? Anybody know what my settings should be to return to a completely free setup? I already changed my virtual machine from f1-micro to e2-micro.

I can not get my existing Teslamate in GCP tuned down to run within the free tier. For the month of July I got billed EUR 12.69. In billing details I found that the SKU that is not free is the Static IP charge. Other GCP-users also have this? Anybody know what my settings should be to return to a completely free setup? I already changed my virtual machine from f1-micro to e2-micro.

This is what I haveScreenshot 2021-08-07 at 16.17.31.png

Is this the same problem you had in July? I take it you didn't solve the issue then?

I just looked back to your posting in July and notice in the filter for location you have Europe-west4 listed. I only have US and US-central1. Could this be why you are getting billed? What happens when you filter on the US? Do you get billed?Screenshot 2021-08-07 at 16.43.43.pngScreenshot 2021-08-07 at 16.43.29.png

Last edited:
thanks. Will compare to my setup. Yes, I thought I fixed it in July by deleting the two extra Teslamate instances I had on GCP and using the fix to zip the backups to Google Drive.
I don't think additional instances of terslamate will increase the cost. To me it looks like your VM is not on the free tier (Iowa servers IIRC) Forget about TM at the moment and concentrate on what you have on GCP. I've never incurred charges by using TM as much as I like. The free tier should let you run anything albeit a bit more slowly.

I checked back after I changed to the free tier e2-micro Zone us-central1-a last weekend. All service SKU's look to sit in the free tier except for the Static IP charge that is charged 30-40cts a day or EUR10 a month, EUR12 with taxes. For 12 euros I could better change to a commercial service for $5 a month.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the fees for the Static IP charge?

Schermopname (12).png

Last edited:
I checked back after I changed to the free tier e2-micro Zone us-central1-a last weekend. All service SKU's look to sit in the free tier except for the Static IP charge that is charged 30-40cts a day or EUR10 a month, EUR12 with taxes. For 12 euros I could better change to a commercial service for $5 a month.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the fees for the Static IP charge?
Try deleting the existing static IP and create a new one.

Can you change the region in the Networking,VPC Networks, External IP address section?
I checked and it also showed us-central1 but then I also noticed there were still 3 external IP addresses reserved. The two IP addresses I used for the two extra teslamate instances that I was running were not released when I deleted those. Will check back tomorrow to see if the billing looks different

to be continued