Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So three of the 7 months of TeslaFi imported then I got the error above.

I deleted the import files than reimported the ones that failed one by one. They all reported as imported successfully however when I check my drive history I'm missing the last 3 months.

I guess I need to find the row in the csv that's causing the error? Then I think I'll need to restart the import. But given the import tool marked 3 imports as successful yet there's no data to show, should I nuke the existing imports? Suspect I can access TeslaMate via mysql workbench or similar and delete the existing imported rows?

Yes, looks like it's a value out of range (for a signed int16) in the CSV. You can manually access postgres via the CLI (see below), or via any Postgres compatible browser if you prefer.

Code:
docker-compose exec database psql teslamate teslamate

Where can I check this?

Tried that but still complaining: psql: error: could not connect to server: FATAL: role "teslamate" does not exist

I also tried to create a backup first returning a similar error:
pg_dump: error: connection to database "teslamate" failed: FATAL: role "teslamate" does not exist
What is this role "teslamate" that does not exist?

Did you manage to sort this at all?

A couple of quick questions from a TeslaMate newbie; I installed it on a Synology NAS Docker container yesterday, and seemingly successfully imported all of my past TeslaFi data. The only problem I had was concerned with the initial lack of an /import folder which didn't seem to be covered by the installation instructions. But maybe I missed it?

TIA
I installed on my synology also... just open a file viewer and look at where you allocated on your NAS to install teslamate. You will see an import directory under that folder. Make sure you delete the files in the import directory when the import is complete, otherwise teslamate won't run.

I installed it today on a Windows 10 PC used as a media server. Really easy to install docker, then run the install script from PowerShell and it's all running great. Grafana took a few minutes to get my head round but I've set up the default dashboard and it's great. I'm looking forward to seeing the data once it's built up.

Well I'm leaving my GCP Teslamate instance running just in case Tesla un-blocks it but I've now reinstated a docker instance on my Synology NAS and managed to restore from my last GCP>Google drive backup so I'll just use that for now. I can always VPN back to my home network for remote access if need be.

Same here - just checked my GCP instance and aside from needing to log into my Tesla account again it seems to be working correctly now. Think I'll keep both GCP and Synology running for the time being until GCP appears to be back for good though.

Same here - just checked my GCP instance and aside from needing to log into my Tesla account again it seems to be working correctly now. Think I'll keep both GCP and Synology running for the time being until GCP appears to be back for good though.

I've just powered off my Digital Ocean 'Droplet' for now, I've still got the two months free because of using a referral link, so it won't cost me anything to have the insurance :)

I've just powered off my Digital Ocean 'Droplet' for now, I've still got the two months free because of using a referral link, so it won't cost me anything to have the insurance :)
Argh that's annoying i turned my GCP instance off and spun one up on digital ocean to. I'm going to leave it in Digital Ocean for a bit now, might as well make use of my two months, and then switch back if it is still good.

Reactions: DaveW
Argh that's annoying i turned my GCP instance off and spun one up on digital ocean to. I'm going to leave it in Digital Ocean for a bit now, might as well make use of my two months, and then switch back if it is still good.

I kept both going, just in case - in DO you can power off the box without it destroying it. It still charges you etc.. so I'll leave it in that state for now and see how GCP goes again

I kept both going, just in case - in DO you can power off the box without it destroying it. It still charges you etc.. so I'll leave it in that state for now and see how GCP goes again
My GCP is just turned off, so not a massive deal to get it up and running again. I will leave you guys to test and swap back over if its still stable in two months time :p