Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just done a cloud install as I'm coming up on a week since picking up my car with no tracking. I should have set it up on day 1 but better now than later and I really like the ability to have this info on hand.

I plan to move from cloud to a Pi or upgrade my synology within 2- 3 months. The Pi is the cheaper option so more likely.

Now to digest all I can find on using Teslamate.

Reactions: Roy W.
@DaveW

Its back!

Hmmm...

Hmmmmmm.JPG

Im looking at getting a Fruity Pi soon so will transfer to that anyway :)

Edit - Crap - that "Buy me now" button was calling me.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Be interesting to know exactly why Tesla decided to block the IP ranges from these services. They must have had a reason to do it, and as it seems that some are now unblocked, that suggests that the reason may not have been directly connected to TeslaFi, etc. Perhaps TeslaFi etc loses their service for a time was just collateral from something else Tesla was doing?

@DaveW

Its back!

Hmmm...
Had you just left it running or spun it back up and reimported? If the latter I think it is just the importing that causes the monitor to whinge and suggest an upgraded instance. Mine hasn't reappeared since that first week of spinning it up and importing the data initially. I've not bothered re-importing this time as I think it only missed one drive and charge while it was blocked.

Had you just left it running or spun it back up and reimported? If the latter I think it is just the importing that causes the monitor to whinge and suggest an upgraded instance. Mine hasn't reappeared since that first week of spinning it up and importing the data initially. I've not bothered re-importing this time as I think it only missed one drive and charge while it was blocked.
Just left it as is. Pi turning up today so will transfer to that :)

I have this working using Docker on Windows 10. I would also like to monitor the new Model X that we have in the family. How do I run 2 instances of Teslamate on the same PC? I have tried installing it using different port numbers but it didn't work. Any ideas?

It automatically monitors all vehicles in your Tesla account. Then in TeslaMate you choose which vehicle you wish to look at, via a drop-down menu.

It automatically monitors all vehicles in your Tesla account. Then in TeslaMate you choose which vehicle you wish to look at, via a drop-down menu.
It's not in my Tesla account, it's in my sister's account.

I sorted it - I added my email to my sister's account as an additional driver. It still didn't show so I did a restart and it is now showing. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveW and Roy W.