Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have I done something wrong, or is there simply not enough data there yet to compose the graphs accurately? :)
I'd be inclined to do a few more drives in it to see if the data starts recording as expected. No idea why it's only recording part of the journey and also if you look at your map, I would have expected that to have shown the route you had driven.

There could be a data connection issue between the car and your server, if you check the Teslamate is the car still showing as connected? Is your Tesla just called 'Car', if not that may indicate a problem (top left of your screenshot).

Are there any known issues with memory leaks? I have TeslaMate installed (container) on a Mint 20 PC that started it's life as a ChromeBox, and was happily running as a webserver hosting a small wordpress site (internal to home for food recipes) until I installed TeslaMate on it a couple of weeks ago. Subsequent to then I've had the PC drop off the network (as in can't even ping it) twice, about 5 days apart (the most recent overnight last night), and I think it finally sort of came back to life a couple of days later the first time, but needed a reboot to properly recover. I'm away from home until Sunday so can't get to it currently, but thought I'd ask here...

Hello Everyone,

Finally i was able to import all my data from teslafi. i am not sure whether its a bug or not, after lots of doing trail and error method i found that data should be imported from recent date
for example, i bought my car on September 2018. so i am importing data November 2020, October 2020, September 2020 to september 2018 ( backwards)

after couple of hours, i was able to import all my old data to teslamate

i have 1 question. all these days, i have been running teslamate on my azure cloud server. i have logged december 2020 data on cloud docker server
i have installed another instance of teslamate on my home raspberry pie and imported all my old teslafi data

is there any way that i can take backup of only December 2020 data from teslamate cloud server and import to my home server ?

in future can i take backup of entire teslamate instance using the command (
docker-compose exec -T database pg_dump -U teslamate teslamate > /backuplocation/teslamate.bck )

and can i restore it in another instance of teslamate ?

if so what would be the command to import the backed up database

My logon token for Teslamate must have expired recently as I had to logon to Teslamate again in order to get Teslamate recording again. Unfortunately, the logon token now only works until the next time I try to sign into another Tesla app (Stats, TeslaTasks, etc...). They all now appear to step on each others tokens and I cannot be logged into more than one. I was using MFA but disabled that on Tesla's website, but I'm still having the issue. Right now Teslamate works for about 24 hours, without signing or using any other Tesla apps (I've logged out and stopped them all) before I have to logon to Teslamate again in order to have it start recording data. I don't think that this is a Teslamate issue but rather a Tesla API issue where they are frequently invalidating logon tokens.

Is anybody else unfortunately enough to be experiencing the same situation?

Reactions: StevehConwy

After some more testing basically it boils down to, Every time that I use the Tesla app on my iPhone, I then have to logon to Teslamate again (port 4000) in order to start recording data again. All of my apps (Teslamate, Stats, TeslaTasks) now behave the same way.

Hopefully this isn't the new norm with the Tesla API, but I would love to hear of a solution or if anyone else has experienced this.

After some more testing basically it boils down to, Every time that I use the Tesla app on my iPhone, I then have to logon to Teslamate again (port 4000) in order to start recording data again. All of my apps (Teslamate, Stats, TeslaTasks) now behave the same way.

Hopefully this isn't the new norm with the Tesla API, but I would love to hear of a solution or if anyone else has experienced this.

I have 2 TM instances running (cloud and local server) together with TeslaLogger and my own JS. No token issues.

or if anyone else has experienced this
Are there any known issues with memory leaks? I have TeslaMate installed (container) on a Mint 20 PC that started it's life as a ChromeBox, and was happily running as a webserver hosting a small wordpress site (internal to home for food recipes) until I installed TeslaMate on it a couple of weeks ago. Subsequent to then I've had the PC drop off the network (as in can't even ping it) twice, about 5 days apart (the most recent overnight last night), and I think it finally sort of came back to life a couple of days later the first time, but needed a reboot to properly recover. I'm away from home until Sunday so can't get to it currently, but thought I'd ask here...
Can't really help other to confirm that in my own setup I don't encounter any memory leaks.

Worth running the docker-compose logs in a terminal to see what's causing it to fail?

I set up 2FA for Tesla after my Teslamate instance was setup, haven't experienced any interruption in service for Teslamate nor one other 3rd party app I use to connect to the car.

Change your Tesla account password. Then login to the Tesla app (you will need to use 2FA). Then login to TeslaMate. Leave the other apps out of it for now. I've always found having multiple apps logged in does seem to eventually cause issues with the car not sleeping (maybe for you this is manifesting as login problems), so it's best to minimise who/what has access to the account, by paring it back to the essentials, and then slowly adding one app every few days so if you start having problems you have a chance of finding the culprit.

Reactions: Stach
Can't really help other to confirm that in my own setup I don't encounter any memory leaks.

Worth running the docker-compose logs in a terminal to see what's causing it to fail?

I've a sneaky feeling it might be the TP-Link TL-SG116 that I have in my home office that's causing the issues (and needs a power cycle), as I can't connect to a couple of other devices on my network either...

I'll report back after I've got home and had a play tomorrow night!

Release 1.21.0 just out:

Release v1.21.0 · adriankumpf/teslamate

Code:
v1.21.0
Repository: adriankumpf/teslamate · Tag: v1.21.0 · Commit: 154616c · Released by: adriankumpf

Enhancements
Dashboards
Drive Details: Add button to download a drive as GPX file (#993 by ayonix)
New dashboard for reporting to Dutch tax (#998 and #1051 by roadrash2108)
Locations: Add panel to see when an address was last visited
Charges/Drives: Add more filtering capabilities (#1016 by Kosta-Github)
Overview: Fix unit of measurement for charge energy added (#1061 by landler)
Charge Level: Add green bars (20/80%) to match "Charge Delta" graph (#1059 by roadrash2108)
Charging-Stats/Trip: Change colors of AC/DC (#1058 by roadrash2108)
Statistics: Resolve issue with month groupings (#1082 by leewillis77)
Updates: Apply number of charges and average rated range to the correct update (#1147 by tlj)
Other
Add support for Tesla’s new authentication process (two-factor authentication)
Optimize TeslaFi CSV file import: reduced memory usage and increased performance
Require Elixir v1.11
Allow to connect to Postgres via IPv6 (via DATABASE_IPV6)
Allow to connect to MQTT broker via IPv6 (via MQTT_IPV6)
Improve detection of whether the vehicle is plugged in during cold weather (+ fix #1154 by virtualm2000)
Use connection pooling for SRTM downloads
Optimize Docker layer caching to speed up image build times
Battery level tooltip: Prevent division by zero error if car is totally down to 0%
Display the actual error if the import directory is not accessible
Translations
Add Italian translation (#1095 and #1096 by HavanaMan)
Documentation
Fix version info on development guide & minor spelling fix (#994 by techgaun)
Update backup_restore.md (#1027 by pihomeserver)
Improve garage door automation example (#1039 by andrewfoster)
Update traefik guide to use a single public hostname instead of two (#1101 by pmboothby)
Projects using TeslaMate:
TeslaMateAgile: mention Tibber support (#1097 by tobiasehlert)
Add TeslaMate_Telegram_Bot (#1122 by JakobLichterfeld)
Update installation instructions for Apache (#1124 by juankymoral)
—

@Stach mentions added support for 2FA. Might help?

My logon token for Teslamate must have expired recently as I had to logon to Teslamate again in order to get Teslamate recording again. Unfortunately, the logon token now only works until the next time I try to sign into another Tesla app (Stats, TeslaTasks, etc...). They all now appear to step on each others tokens and I cannot be logged into more than one. I was using MFA but disabled that on Tesla's website, but I'm still having the issue. Right now Teslamate works for about 24 hours, without signing or using any other Tesla apps (I've logged out and stopped them all) before I have to logon to Teslamate again in order to have it start recording data. I don't think that this is a Teslamate issue but rather a Tesla API issue where they are frequently invalidating logon tokens.

I see the same issue. Apparently there is an "unhealthy" competition between Teslamate and the Tesla app.
When I use Teslamate (via browser) and after that try to use the Tesla app it takes 15-20 sec. to get in contact with the car.

It also seems that using the Tesla app when a charge i starting in some cases prevent Teslamate from logging the charge.

I've not been at this TeslaMate thing long, so am a little unsure...

I want to set the date format in Grafana to be UK based (DD-MM-YY) rather than the US format currently in use.

I think I'm needing to change/add an environment variable in the YML file, but I'm really way out of my depth - any advice welcome ;).

So a reboot of the switch in my office has restored connectivity to the pc with TeslaMate on it, but its been without an Internet connection for about four days. Is there a way I can retrieve the history from those 4 days, as they're completely missing from teslamate (inc mu,tiple trips and charges)?