Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok that fixed it. I enabled Multi-Factor authentication and then tried to log in again. It asked me for the code and now it works again.
Good to hear, presumably that's a recent bug introduced when TeslaMate added MFA support. Can I suggest you create an issue over on their Github so that the developer is aware?

Does anyone have a reliable way of changing the USA date format to DD/MM/YYYY in the dashboards that use that format (e.g. lists of charges, drives etc). I've tried all suggestions on this thread, and others that I've googled, and nothing seems to work. I am running on a Raspberry Pi 4, latest standard version with no other mods. My installation was via the standard method on the docs.teslamate.org website. It is so, so annoying.

Reactions: browellm
Be careful if doing daily backups. I did mine every day overwriting each other on a monthly basis.
I thought ah I'll never run out of space, without realising every backup was 400mb.

My VM hit 100% capacity today......
Lesson learnt!
Depending on your spending priorities, you could 'rent' another VPS as a storage backup.
I've got a Kimsufi KS-4 that I use as a cloud backup - I just set up a cron job to rsync my teslamate backups from the pi to this vps. Then I just delete all but the last 7 days of backups manually (wouldn't trust this to an automated process just yet!)

Does anyone have a reliable way of changing the USA date format to DD/MM/YYYY in the dashboards that use that format (e.g. lists of charges, drives etc). I've tried all suggestions on this thread, and others that I've googled, and nothing seems to work. I am running on a Raspberry Pi 4, latest standard version with no other mods. My installation was via the standard method on the docs.teslamate.org website. It is so, so annoying.
I duplicated the dashboards and changed the format for the column. (I also added other columns hence my need to copy dashboards anyway)

I'm using the standard yml. Can someone post on how to change the yml so that grafana does not automatically login but the user has to enter a user name and password? I'm using synology nas and have opened up the port so teslamate can be accessed through the broswer from anywhere but don't want anyone to be able to access without entering credentials.

I'm using the standard yml. Can someone post on how to change the yml so that grafana does not automatically login but the user has to enter a user name and password? I'm using synology nas and have opened up the port so teslamate can be accessed through the broswer from anywhere but don't want anyone to be able to access without entering credentials.
I'm pretty sure I'm using the standard yml and I have to log in. Will have a look next time I'm on the server.

I've only owned a Model 3 for three days, only had TeslaMate working for one day. I've read the first 25 pages on this thread...thought I'd just jump here and ask a few questions:

1) When I click on the bookmark for my Teslamate page it wants me to log in, but doesn't accept my credentials. If I click on Settings and then Home, it displays my data. (It did accept my credentials for the first log in.)

2) I've never used Grafana, so it's confusing. I managed to find my dashboards and look around. Page 8 of this thread has a post by Russinator offering to share his custom code but I'm not sure how to merge that in to my installation.

Any info/help/pointers to online instructions would be appreciated.

Can't immediately help you with 1) since it's not clear if you're talking about your own login page or the Tesla one.

2) you should be careful with. Custom code not in the Teslamate release can be overwritten if you upgrade, and you might need to upgrade regularly because Tesla is modifying the authentication methods.

Can't immediately help you with 1) since it's not clear if you're talking about your own login page or the Tesla one.

2) you should be careful with. Custom code not in the Teslamate release can be overwritten if you upgrade, and you might need to upgrade regularly because Tesla is modifying the authentication methods.

The login in problem is with the TeslaMate page. The first time I logged in no problems, even asking for my 2FA code. But now when I enter my credentials the page reloads to empty name and password fields. I've found a work-around...I click on Settings, then Home, and I'm logged in. Maybe a bug? Not a huge problem, because once set up most users probably never go back to the TeslaMate page...just going directly to their Grafana dashboard.

Ah, good to know about the potential problem with custom code. Thanks.

I'm curious about how often TeslaMate gets updated for changes at Tesla? What's the mechanism for learning about a just released update?

The login in problem is with the TeslaMate page. The first time I logged in no problems, even asking for my 2FA code. But now when I enter my credentials the page reloads to empty name and password fields. I've found a work-around...I click on Settings, then Home, and I'm logged in. Maybe a bug? Not a huge problem, because once set up most users probably never go back to the TeslaMate page...just going directly to their Grafana dashboard.
TeslaMate itself doesn't have 2FA so the chance is that you see the Tesla authentication page.

TeslaMate itself doesn't even have authentication. You can set it up following the Advanced Installation guides: Advanced installation with Traefik, Let's Encrypt & HTTP Basic Auth | TeslaMate and Advanced install with Apache2, TLS, HTTP Basic Auth | TeslaMate