Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea why TeslaMate could be causing this (and really don't think it is given I kill it off 5 hours before I rang and the car was awake with instant response from the app the time I checked towards the end of that 5 hour period ...
If you've got the default Streaming set then it can't wake the car. It just reads the stream coming from the servers - doesn't;go near the car. I have found sometimes the car stays awake, but if I go into the app and then out again, it magically falls asleep again.

If you've got the default Streaming set then it can't wake the car. It just reads the stream coming from the servers - doesn't;go near the car. I have found sometimes the car stays awake, but if I go into the app and then out again, it magically falls asleep again.
(Heading off topic here but)
Called again today after another night with everything logged out/off and 6% battery drain. This time they looked at the car logs and found an ECU wasn’t going quiet and was stopping the sleep. SC now remote investigating so we’ll see what they say.

Reactions: init6
(Heading off topic here but)
Called again today after another night with everything logged out/off and 6% battery drain. This time they looked at the car logs and found an ECU wasn’t going quiet and was stopping the sleep. SC now remote investigating so we’ll see what they say.
It's almost as if they try to blame the customer before looking seriously at any issue ;)

Reactions: Kietrax
I tried moving my Teslamate setup to new E2-micro free VM on GCP today (August 1st 2021), per Google's e-mail saying to migrate in August 2021 for continued free service, but it's not showing up yet... :/

Thanks for the reminder. I'll try mine tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
Ok, curiosity got the better of me. I just followed the instructions to change the machine type and my Teslamate instance is back up and running. Only took a few minutes to do. Did you just change the machine type or do something else?
Edit : did you restart the VM after changing the type?

Ok, curiosity got the better of me. I just followed the instructions to change the machine type and my Teslamate instance is back up and running. Only took a few minutes to do. Did you just change the machine type or do something else?
Edit : did you restart the VM after changing the type?
Yes, e2 micro was showing up for me now and was able to migrate and restart the VM on the new cloud cluster. Hopefully Teslamate runs faster now! On the f1 micro VM is was noticeably slower than my Raspberry Pi 4 ran it...

I tried moving my Teslamate setup to new E2-micro free VM on GCP today (August 1st 2021), per Google's e-mail saying to migrate in August 2021 for continued free service, but it's not showing up yet... :/
Today, 2nd Aug, it's certainly available and having stopped the original f1 micro VM, edited the machine type to be e2 micro, and restarted, everything is back as it was. Took about 5 minutes, mostly waiting for the VM to stop and then start again!

Hey guys, desperately in need of some help here. I just traded in my Model 3 for a new Model S, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the old car from Teslamate. Even MORE annoying is that we're naming the new car the same as the old one, and that doesn't fly with Teslamate, since it will only show the one car (the now-gone one, annoyingly!). If I rename the new one to something else, it shows up fine, but either way, I'd like to remove the old car or at least rename it somehow.

I did some searching, and found this thread on how to remove an old car:

However, when I use the following command on my Mac (self hosting Docker), I get this error:

Mac-mini:.docker htmac$ docker exec -it my_database_container psql -U teslamate -W teslamate
Error: No such container: my_database_container

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to this stuff, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

Hey guys, desperately in need of some help here. I just traded in my Model 3 for a new Model S, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the old car from Teslamate. Even MORE annoying is that we're naming the new car the same as the old one, and that doesn't fly with Teslamate, since it will only show the one car (the now-gone one, annoyingly!). If I rename the new one to something else, it shows up fine, but either way, I'd like to remove the old car or at least rename it somehow.

I did some searching, and found this thread on how to remove an old car:

However, when I use the following command on my Mac (self hosting Docker), I get this error:

Mac-mini:.docker htmac$ docker exec -it my_database_container psql -U teslamate -W teslamate
Error: No such container: my_database_container

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to this stuff, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

Hi,

If you run docker ps it should tell you the container name to use :) - my was named different to all the guides out there too for some reason

Hi,

If you run docker ps it should tell you the container name to use :) - my was named different to all the guides out there too for some reason
type 'docker ps' in the same place you ran the above docker command that gave you the error.

I end up with these, and some Container IDs to the left of them. Not sure what to do now...

Attachments

• 1628188037735.png
    1628188037735.png
    384.7 KB · Views: 46