Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MQTT seems to be the way to get automated alerts when the health check fails. I don't know enough about MQTT to set that up, but here's a panel to display the last time the start_date in states was updated:

{
"fieldConfig": {
"defaults": {
"thresholds": {
"mode": "absolute",
"steps": [
{
"color": "green",
"value": null
},
{
"color": "red",
"value": 80
}
]
},
"mappings": [],
"color": {
"mode": "thresholds"
},
"unit": "dateTimeFromNow"
},
"overrides": []
},
"gridPos": {
"h": 3,
"w": 4,
"x": 17,
"y": 1
},
"id": 42,
"options": {
"reduceOptions": {
"values": true,
"calcs": [
"lastNotNull"
],
"fields": "/^start_date$/"
},
"orientation": "auto",
"text": {},
"textMode": "auto",
"colorMode": "value",
"graphMode": "area",
"justifyMode": "center"
},
"pluginVersion": "7.5.11",
"targets": [
{
"format": "table",
"group": [],
"metricColumn": "none",
"rawQuery": true,
"rawSql": "SELECT\n start_date\nFROM states\nORDER BY start_date desc\nLIMIT 1",
"refId": "A",
"select": [
[
{
"params": [
"odometer"
],
"type": "column"
}
]
],
"table": "positions",
"timeColumn": "date",
"timeColumnType": "timestamp",
"where": [
{
"name": "$__timeFilter",
"params": [],
"type": "macro"
}
]
}
],
"title": "Last states update",
"type": "stat",
"scopedVars": {
"car_id": {
"text": "Tonto",
"value": "1",
"selected": false
}
},
"timeFrom": null,
"timeShift": null,
"datasource": null
}
you could put node-red on the raspberry pi with teslamate and pickup the MQTT data there and send yourself emails/instant messages when a condition is met.
maybe health check fails, low battery (plug in reminder), charging rate stops or below a certain level, you forgot to lock the car and it's after 10pm,
Doors left open etc etc

Reactions: init6
This. Same thing happened for me. Anyone else lose all the data on their "Visited" Dashboard?
Did not happen here, but there is an issue reported in the repo about it.
This version stopped working on my Pi 4.
Downgrading to version 1.25.0 restored TeslaMate functionality on my Raspberry Pi
These steps got it working for me. Would not deem it an "official" fix, but a working one.

Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
It might be worth checking you are still logged in, Tesla seem to have expired lots of credentials including mine in Teslamate. I only found out because I could not log into mytesla without resetting my password
It sounds like a guy found a bunch of un-secured TeslaMate instances on the internet and informed Tesla (and the world, via Twitter), resulting in Tesla expiring a bunch of credentials. Mine didn't get expired (and my instance runs at home and isn't exposed), but did anyone here have theirs expire, and if so, do you have your TeslaMate instance available on the internet?

My teslamate is not exposed externally. Thinking about it I dont know if it had stopped working as my Tesla app still worked. I had to log into the web version myTesla and it wouldn’t let me (too many invalid log in attempts was the message) so I had to reset my password which consequently invalidated my Teslamate tokens and made me log back into the Tesla app.

Reactions: rotor2k
It sounds like a guy found a bunch of un-secured TeslaMate instances on the internet and informed Tesla (and the world, via Twitter), resulting in Tesla expiring a bunch of credentials. Mine didn't get expired (and my instance runs at home and isn't exposed), but did anyone here have theirs expire, and if so, do you have your TeslaMate instance available on the internet?
Yep, me……..didn’t notice until yesterday, so last data was 11Jan. Running on a Pi4 and not exposed to the internet

Yep, me……..didn’t notice until yesterday, so last data was 11Jan. Running on a Pi4 and not exposed to the internet
Mine also seemed to have expired. I was blaming the latest SW download (2021.44.30.5) which was loaded Jan 12th but maybe you are correct. My Pi 4 isn't exposed to the WWW world so it should be secure. I can only access it from my home network.

What are my next steps to get Teslamate back running?

Has anyone else noticed that TeslaMate isn't "noticing" updates while they are happening? The last two updates (30.2 and 30.7) didn't show up until much later, with a duration of 0 seconds.

1642329433252.png

I kicked off the update to 30.7 some time yesterday afternoon, yet this is what my last 24h look like according to TeslaMate (the long awake period is because of Intelligent Octopus keeping the car awake -- grrrr). It thinks the update occurred this morning and lasted 13 minutes, yet the duration in the "Updates" dashboard is 0 seconds.

1642329641542.png

Hopefully it's just a Tesla API change that the TeslaMate developer hasn't noticed yet.

Has anyone else noticed that TeslaMate isn't "noticing" updates while they are happening? The last two updates (30.2 and 30.7) didn't show up until much later, with a duration of 0 seconds.
Hopefully it's just a Tesla API change that the TeslaMate developer hasn't noticed yet.
I'm still running 1.25.0 and had zero time for the previous two but not 30.7.

TeslamateUpdates.png

I can see a number of people having issues after applying the recent Teslamate udate and I am not sure if mine is exactly the same or the best way to resolve it-
I updated to the latest Teslamate software and then had to fix the Grafana login after which it appeared to work. The Telamate dashboard on :3000 is all fine with all data so SQL appears all OK.
However it is no longer updating with any new Tesla data and I can't access my Teslamate site on :4000 at all, as if the site is not running.
I am not a linux techy I am afraid, so any help on how to proceed with this would be very gratefully received.
At around the same time I also changed the DHCP address it was getting (as I changed subnet from 192.168.1 to 192.168.50) but assumed this was not a problem????

Last edited: