Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Log has endless lines:

Code:
teslamate_1  | Aborted (core dumped)
teslamate_1  | clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1)
teslamate_1  | clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1)

When you say it's not updating what state is the car in? If it has gone to sleep then it won't update.

Is that the DHCP address for your Pi? I presume you're using a Pi as you don't say what you're running this on. Usually servers have static addresses. Check your Grafana config to make sure you haven't heard coded the (old) IP address in the config.

When you say it's not updating what state is the car in? If it has gone to sleep then it won't update.

Is that the DHCP address for your Pi? I presume you're using a Pi as you don't say what you're running this on. Usually servers have static addresses. Check your Grafana config to make sure you haven't heard coded the (old) IP address in the config.
The car has been out and about and just had a firmware update today. None of this appears on Teslamate and yes I am using a Pi.
Checking back through my install notes it does not look like I ever specified an IP Address for the install so it should not be hard coded anywhere.
Looking at the post you reference, that references github:
Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate
where it looks like a number of people are rolling back to 1.25.0 to fix this issue. Someone says that to rollback you need to:
"Change the yml file from:
services: teslamate: image: teslamate/teslamate:latest
To
services: teslamate: image: teslamate/teslamate:1.25.0"

Would this be the docker-compose.yml in /Home/pi/Docker/Teslamate on Pi?
Do I then have to re-run my update process shown below?
Code:
cd Docker/Teslamate
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d

Last edited:
Well rolling back to 1.25.0 has indeed brought the :4000 site back and it looks like it is now getting updated again as the firmware revision shows what I have just downloaded to on the Tesla today.
I guess I will keep an eye on the coming Teslamate updates to see if this problem gets resolved before I update again.
Thank you so much for your valuable and timely help!

The car has been out and about and just had a firmware update today. None of this appears on Teslamate and yes I am using a Pi.
Checking back through my install notes it does not look like I ever specified an IP Address for the install so it should not be hard coded anywhere.
Looking at the post you reference, that references github:
Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate
where it looks like a number of people are rolling back to 1.25.0 to fix this issue. Someone says that to rollback you need to:
"Change the yml file from:
services: teslamate: image: teslamate/teslamate:latest
To
services: teslamate: image: teslamate/teslamate:1.25.0"

Would this be the docker-compose.yml in /Home/pi/Docker/Teslamate on Pi?
Do I then have to re-run my update process shown below?
Code:
cd Docker/Teslamate
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d
I just did as you suggested and it seemed to "mostly" work. I was having a problem with the dashboard not updating since last Sunday so I did the following:
- shut down docker -- docker-compose down
- edited the YML file to use 1.25.0
- pulled the updates -- docker-compose pull
- Started docker -- docker-compose up -d
- Woke up the car via the app just to be sure..
- Loaded the 'overview' desktop.

"Most" of the data is present. The only missing information is the temperature info. I have no idea why. I am not by any measure a power user of the application. I am sure that there are better minds that will hopefully shed light on this problem.

Reactions: justinhow
I just did as you suggested and it seemed to "mostly" work. I was having a problem with the dashboard not updating since last Sunday so I did the following:
- shut down docker -- docker-compose down
- edited the YML file to use 1.25.0
- pulled the updates -- docker-compose pull
- Started docker -- docker-compose up -d
- Woke up the car via the app just to be sure..
- Loaded the 'overview' desktop.

"Most" of the data is present. The only missing information is the temperature info. I have no idea why. I am not by any measure a power user of the application. I am sure that there are better minds that will hopefully shed light on this problem.
FYI As far as I can see all the data is coming through again on my Teslamate including temperatures (driver/in/out).

Here ya go.

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 154
There's a discussion here about the issue you are having that refers to Timezone settings PSQL. Have you changed that in the DB?
The temp data is only displayed if the last retrieved temp was less than an hour ago. Have you driven since you restarted Teslamate? If so can you check your last drive? That should have the temps of the drive. This will allow us to see if the temp data is missing or it's an issue with the Overview panel.
If you haven't driven then charges should also show the temp.
Any messages in the logs?

There's a discussion here about the issue you are having that refers to Timezone settings PSQL. Have you changed that in the DB?
The temp data is only displayed if the last retrieved temp was less than an hour ago. Have you driven since you restarted Teslamate? If so can you check your last drive? That should have the temps of the drive. This will allow us to see if the temp data is missing or it's an issue with the Overview panel.
If you haven't driven then charges should also show the temp.
Any messages in the logs?
I have not made any changes to the data base. I have driven the car but the temperature is still missing. The temperature is shown on the Teslamate page 4000.
I have attached the Log file. Not sure what it all means though.

Attachments

• Teslamate_Log.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 137
Well rolling back to 1.25.0 has indeed brought the :4000 site back and it looks like it is now getting updated again as the firmware revision shows what I have just downloaded to on the Tesla today.
I guess I will keep an eye on the coming Teslamate updates to see if this problem gets resolved before I update again.
Thank you so much for your valuable and timely help!
It is not likely (or possible) that TeslaMate will "resolve" the problem as it is not specific to TeslaMate. Adrian explains why here. Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate

Reactions: justinhow
Thanks for that info - i now get it
I have found out how to upgrade to Bullseye (here).
My question is have existing Teslamate users done this upgrade and it been trouble free?
I am on version 10/Buster and Kernal 5.10.63.
A few individuals I think reported on the previously linked Github issue that they upgraded. I also plan to upgrade, but do not have the time right now. Backporting the problem file got me to 1.25.2 and I have not really thought about anything since then.