Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok with that command:
Code:
docker container list
you should see the 'NAMES' at the end, mine is: teslamate_teslamate_1
so now do:
Code:
docker container logs teslamate_teslamate_1
this should show the log for the container.. does it say anything interesting?
```
teslamate_1 | clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1)
teslamate_1 | Aborted (core dumped)
```

Seems to be related to this Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate

```
teslamate_1 | clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1)
teslamate_1 | Aborted (core dumped)
```

Seems to be related to this Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate
Much like @init6 suggested and you in fact linked to it, you need to apply the fix in that thread. I assume you are running a Raspberry Pi 3 and are likely running it on Buster OS?

You can either back port the necessary files (see Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate) or upgrade to Bullseye OS (see The Idiot-Proof Guide to Upgrading Raspberry Pi from Buster to Bullseye)
  • Bump Docker app base image to Debian 11
    • Raspberry Pi users unfortunately have to upgrade to Raspbian Bullseye or install the backports version libseccomp2 (see #2302)
It is in the 1.26 release notes, but I am pretty sure 1.25.2 is where the bump happened.

Reactions: init6
I suspect this is something obvious, but I don't have a car yet but am just getting teslamate up and running using the docker method.

I actually installed it a few months ago, but never logged in. I just did an update of it, then when I goto the login page I see no way of logging in with my Tesla account? Has this capability been removed?

1644496579203.png

I suspect this is something obvious, but I don't have a car yet but am just getting teslamate up and running using the docker method.

I actually installed it a few months ago, but never logged in. I just did an update of it, then when I goto the login page I see no way of logging in with my Tesla account? Has this capability been removed?

View attachment 767306
You have to use API tokens as opposed to your Tesla username and password. Information found in the link on that page. Adrian wrote a simple app to get the tokens.

Reactions: kitenski
Mine stopped working as I posted previous in January, around the 11th. I updated Teslamate to the latest version, and it started connecting/collecting data again. Of course, didn't have 3 weeks of data collected, but now back to normal. Didn't have to change/update anything with API tokens etc. Just started working whatever I had before. So something in the latest build resolved my issues personally.

Thx

Mine stopped working as I posted previous in January, around the 11th. I updated Teslamate to the latest version, and it started connecting/collecting data again. Of course, didn't have 3 weeks of data collected, but now back to normal. Didn't have to change/update anything with API tokens etc. Just started working whatever I had before. So something in the latest build resolved my issues personally.

Thx
Do you have your TeslaMate instance exposed to the internet? Around 1/11 was when the API exposure leak happened and Tesla revoked a bunch of tokens.

Reactions: init6
I did an update on my Teslamate, from I think 1.21 to 1.25, now i get No Data on Grafana, the Teslamate page on port 4000 does not load, as is Teslamate is not running, I could not find anything in the last 17 pages as to of this problem. Grafana requires a login and login not accepted remotely over the internet.
There is a "Data does not have a time field" error on the bottom of the overview page.

I did an update on my Teslamate, from I think 1.21 to 1.25, now i get No Data on Grafana, the Teslamate page on port 4000 does not load, as is Teslamate is not running, I could not find anything in the last 17 pages as to of this problem. Grafana requires a login and login not accepted remotely over the internet.
There is a "Data does not have a time field" error on the bottom of the overview page.
What are you running it on? Pi? Have you upgraded as per previous posts?
How can you see the overview page if you can't login? Are you saying you can login locally but not over the network?
What do the error logs say? Are the containers running?

What are you running it on? Pi? Have you upgraded as per previous posts?
How can you see the overview page if you can't login? Are you saying you can login locally but not over the network?
What do the error logs say? Are the containers running?
I am running it on a Pi 4, I can login using the default login on a windows on the LAN, not over the web, default login don't work, not needed before, can't access port 4000 over the web, only port 3000.
Where do I find the error logs? The data on other pages seems to be not there either.

docker-compose logs teslamate

Have you upgraded your raspberry pi lately? There was an update to Teslamate that 'broke' existing installations. There was a need to fix the Pi by upgrading the os or using another library or something. Details at the top of this page.

Looking at this thread I've missed quite a lot over the last few weeks, and must admit I'm now a little confused...

I have TeslaMate 1.25 running on top of Buster on a Pi 4 and everything is working. However, should I:
  • Leave things alone - its working!
  • Update just TeslaMate to 1.26.1 leavuing the OS
  • Update Buster to Bulseye but leave TeslaMate on 1.25
  • Update Buster to Bullseye and then update TeslaMate to 1.26.1
Although I'm able to update these things, I'm a little lost with the talk of back porting...

Thanks in advance :)

Leave things alone - its working!
But has known bugs that are fixed in later versions
  • Update just TeslaMate to 1.26.1 leavuing the OS
This will break it
  • Update Buster to Bulseye but leave TeslaMate on 1.25
Shiney new os, still buggy Teslamate
  • Update Buster to Bullseye and then update TeslaMate to 1.26.1
The best option
Although I'm able to update these things, I'm a little lost with the talk of back porting...
The easy option see above for instructions on how to fix the broken library
Thanks in advance :)
You're welcome :)

did you try:
user: admin
pass: admin

?

But has known bugs that are fixed in later versions

This will break it

Shiney new os, still buggy Teslamate

The best option

The easy option see above for instructions on how to fix the broken library

You're welcome :)
All done - and thanks. Bullseye on and a new version of TeslaMate humming away. One small issue with Docker, and the requirement for a password reset for Grafana (no idea why), but not too bad!

👍

Reactions: init6 and cwanja