Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I was looking at the pi_grafana_1, pi_teslamate_1, etc.
If I look at syslog (var/log/syslog) nothing much interesting shows up - see logs from around the time I tried to access 3000/4000 and couldn't access.

View attachment 791983
Had a similar issue, did 2 things to resolve it:

Increase the swap size to 2GB(2048), I used this answer:

I also got a high performance SD card as I don’t think my original was appropriate for the amount of io needed to run TeslaMate and the additional swap space strain. This one to be precise:

Oh I was looking at the pi_grafana_1, pi_teslamate_1, etc.
If I look at syslog (var/log/syslog) nothing much interesting shows up - see logs from around the time I tried to access 3000/4000 and couldn't access.
Can you bundle up the teslamate and grafana logs and send them to me in a dm? If you're not seeing any interactions with the Pi then the problem may be somewhere else. Do you have any firewalls or VPNs running the Pi?

Edit check the above first.

Edit again: What does df -h look like? and free -m

1649608110655.png

@doats1 and @init6 very interesting! Here's my pi stats... doesn't look too utilized?

View attachment 792109

@doats1 and @init6 very interesting! Here's my pi stats... doesn't look too utilized?
Remind me what kind of Pi you have and what memory size?
When you get the error again, run the free -m command again. IIRC you're pi was running fine until you had to do the buster upgrade. I'd have expected any swap issues to have shown then - unless the upgrade has reverted the swap setting to a lower level.

Remind me what kind of Pi you have and what memory size?
When you get the error again, run the free -m command again. IIRC you're pi was running fine until you had to do the buster upgrade. I'd have expected any swap issues to have shown then - unless the upgrade has reverted the swap setting to a lower level.
I have raspberry pi 4 running version 11 bullseye with 4GB RAM and 100MB Swap

Next time it acts up I'll check free -m. Thanks os much for the help!

Hi
Has anyone else had a problem with tokens again.
My teslamate is not getting any data anymore and I suspect it is because my tokens have expired. I used to have to refresh the tokens every 8-12 weeks or so, but now I cant seem to get logged in.
Have tried using tokens generated thru Tesla Tokens (android) and Tesla Auth (Windows) from Adrian's site but neither works.
Thanks
Vardhan

Hi
My teslamate is not getting any data anymore and I suspect it is because my tokens have expired. I used to have to refresh the tokens every 8-12 weeks or so, but now I cant seem to get logged in.
Have tried using tokens generated thru Tesla Tokens (android) and Tesla Auth (Windows) from Adrian's site but neither works.
Thanks
Vardhan
The latest versions of TM correctly use the 8hr token and refresh accordingly
You can see it in the log

Hi
Thanks
Vardhan
Same as @goRt - no issues refreshing on its own. As stated, you can see in the container logs when it refreshes.

I did have to get new tokens yesterday, but I believe that was due to TeslaMate automatically logging me out after my internet crashed overnight. Beyond that, smooth sailing here.

Have anybody integrated from Teslamate into HomeAssistant with MQTT? Seems like a way to setup some cool automations based on car charge level, location etc.
Yep - I use it to notify everyone (with a key), to charge the car if it's below a certain state of charge with no one in the car and it's unplugged. I also use it as part of the proximity automation to toggle the heating schedule.

Have anybody integrated from Teslamate into HomeAssistant with MQTT? Seems like a way to setup some cool automations based on car charge level, location etc.
Yes, use it for notifications to remind me to charge when I get home, that the car locked itself/sentry mode was enabled, that there's updates available (because the Tesla app one seems to be silent).

Also have a Apple Watch complication that shows the current charge and if the car is locked/unlocked, it's not an instant reflection of Home Assistant but it does give you data from within 20mins (iirc) and doesn't interfere with the cars sleep process.

Created them for you @BMW740iL :)

Dropbox - Superchargers for TeslaMate - Simplify your life

Made them individual files, haven't done UK as you've already got these in the thread above. I've also stuck this link in the guide on my site (TeslaMate - How to bulk import UK Supercharger locations - TeslaEV.co.uk) where I've copied in the Australia ones I did for someone on Facebook.
Anybody have more recent Superchargers for TeslaMate prices following the 2022 price hikes?