Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With rising petrol costs I want to make my fuel savings panel more dynamic. Has anyone done anything to calculate fuel savings month on month against average petrol prices?
Yes. If you search in this thread you should see my dashboard panel for doing that. Although I only do it once a year, there's no reason you couldn't do it more often.
Give me a shout if you can't find it.

Hey guys, with the arrival of my model y tomorrow, I'd like to remove my current model 3 car data in teslamate and have it ready to record the model ys data.

Does anyone know how I can do this without starting from scratch?

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before 🙏🏽

docker exec -it teslamate_database_1 psql -U teslamate -W teslamate
Hey guys, with the arrival of my model y tomorrow, I'd like to remove my current model 3 car data in teslamate and have it ready to record the model ys data.

Does anyone know how I can do this without starting from scratch?

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before 🙏🏽
Ignore me - i managed to find this.

Reactions: cwanja
Here's a dashboard i been working on for operational cost. I like to know what i'm spending per KM and per 100KM.
This only works if you charge to your max SOC setting every charge, partial charges will not calculate out correctly.

1656353434610.png

Nice, by Maximum charge do you mean 100% or just to whatever you have set it to e.g. 80%?
Whatever you set your car to charge to and stop as a full charge. I have mine set to 80%

So if do a bunch of driving and come home with 40% battery, i want to do a single complete charge to bring me back to 80%. This allows it to caculate out every watt consumed against the distance driven for accuracy.

Reactions: init6
Here's a dashboard i been working on for operational cost. I like to know what i'm spending per KM and per 100KM.
This only works if you charge to your max SOC setting every charge, partial charges will not calculate out correctly.

View attachment 821802
This looks really good. You should consider adding this as a PR natively to the application. However, I also know that there is an approved PR coming in the next release that looks to mimic those efforts.

Reactions: init6
This looks really good. You should consider adding this as a PR natively to the application. However, I also know that there is an approved PR coming in the next release that looks to mimic those efforts.
Oh i didn't see that, i had a bunch of these in place a while ago as i find this information valuable to myself for an ICE comparison and plus its interesting to know roughly what a supercharger is costing me when $/kWh is broken down.
I do it slightly differently. I compare it to what it would cost me to fill an ICE car to the equivalent number of miles.Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 19.47.37.png
As most of my charging is free, I tend not to get too bothered about the costs

I like that, i might do the same to my dashboard. I just put $178 in my truck and my fuel spreadsheet came out to $0.31/km for that fill up. Crazy compared to the $0.017/km i got in my last charge.

Calculating the cost to go the same distance in my truck makes me feel a lot better and that would be handy to see on this chart

I been working on this with dynamic calculations, as i said in my previous post i have a spreadsheet i use for logging gas use in my truck that calculates how much it costs per KM. I could always alter it to ask two questions.. L/100KM & Price Per Litre.

Then if you know gas is $2.12/L and your vehicle is 18L/100KM it could do the math or is $/KM better? (personally $/km works for me for extreme accuracy)

I'm not sure if i like the Truck/Savings columns in the table as it starts to clutter it up.. thoughts? I can share the .json if anyone wants:

1656423258631.png

I been working on this with dynamic calculations, as i said in my previous post i have a spreadsheet i use for logging gas use in my truck that calculates how much it costs per KM. I could always alter it to ask two questions.. L/100KM & Price Per Litre.

Then if you know gas is $2.12/L and your vehicle is 18L/100KM it could do the math or is $/KM better? (personally $/km works for me for extreme accuracy)

I'm not sure if i like the Truck/Savings columns in the table as it starts to clutter it up.. thoughts? I can share the .json if anyone wants:

View attachment 822117
18L/100KM is super high usage...

any reasonable car (meaning not 8l v12...) will consume ~8l of petrol (on avg) on motorway and maybe 10-12 in city. but 18 is just.. a bit too much

View attachment 822117
I prefer cost/length unit. I find it easier to compare across types of car. L/100km is pretty meaningless to me although I know Europeans seem to like that figure.