Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslamate - self hosted "TeslaFi" type thingy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Not seen this discussed here, but for anyone wanting to get really nerdy on their stats but not wishing to use a cloud service, this self-hosted project looks pretty sweet.

As it's self hosted no concerns about giving security tokens to a 3rd party, plus your data is stored locally in a format you'll always be able to access. Lots of deployment options depending on just how nerdy you want to get.

adriankumpf/teslamate

Features
Dashboards

• Lifetime driving map
  • Drive and charging reports
  • Driving efficiency report
  • Consumption (net / gross)
  • Charge energy added vs energy used
  • Vampire drain
  • Projected 100% range (battery degradation)
  • SOC charging stats
  • Visited addresses
  • History of installed updates
General

• Little to no additional vampire drain: the car will fall asleep after a certain idle time
  • Automatic address lookup
  • Locally enriches positions with elevation data
  • Geo-fencing feature to create custom locations
  • Supports multiple vehicles per Tesla Account

drive.png

race_track.png

efficiency.png

web_interface.png

*not in any way affiliated with this project, just thought it looked cool*

Have you got it running? It’s on my todo list. One benefit of TeslaFi is I can access it from work; don’t want to be poking holes in my home firewall.

I have just got this running on my Synology NAS. It provides a lot of data but I haven’t figured out how to make use of it yet. I’m going to give TeslaFi a go too for a comparison but I’ve a feeling it could be the same - collecting data for data’s sake.

(A VPN is an alternative to opening up ports on your router)

Have you got it running? It’s on my todo list. One benefit of TeslaFi is I can access it from work; don’t want to be poking holes in my home firewall.

also - as it's just collecting stats, you only need outbound access, so unless you want to see stats while away from home or your home network is severely locked down should be fine anyway. It's not got all the features of teslafi - like charge schedule etc, so fewer reasons to need to connect while "on the go"

also - as it's just collecting stats, you only need outbound access, so unless you want to see stats while away from home or your home network is severely locked down should be fine anyway. It's not got all the features of teslafi - like charge schedule etc, so fewer reasons to need to connect while "on the go"
Yeah I meant for connecting on the go. I’ll definitely set it up, just need to find the time.

I just pensioned off a "well-speced" RPi, complete with firewall access, that I was using to run my DIY home heating system (replaced with Hive). Might be a good use for it. I've been nervous about the data that TeslaFi holds from the start.

I just pensioned off a "well-speced" RPi, complete with firewall access, that I was using to run my DIY home heating system (replaced with Hive). Might be a good use for it. I've been nervous about the data that TeslaFi holds from the start.

Snap!

Just part way through installing Docker on a spare RPi3 that I have left over from an old NAS project, complete with battery back up (I switched to using an Odroid HC1 as a NAS, BTW, seems a LOT faster than the RPi).

Easy enough to VNC into the headless RPi to do anything, plus, like you, I like the idea of keeping data locally.

I tried this but found the car would never sleep. Wasn't quite interested enough to troubleshoot so just shut it down. The install and setup on docker was a beautiful thing I have to say.

I agree about Docker, seems a very neat and clean way to install stuff.

Had TeslaMate up and running on an RPi3 for an hour or two now, with no issues. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the car sleeping, AFAICS. Not sure if that's changes in TeslaMate or changes in the car; I have a slight suspicion that something changed in the car with the last software update that affects sleep.