Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate Super Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been a while since I've seen activity in this thread...

Just had a potential issue pop up. With the latest software update from Tesla (2020.32.3) I disabled "auto walk away lock at home". I then noticed my car would didn't go to sleep and it burned off lots of juice parked in the garage. I just noticed there's an option in Teslamate that, when checked, requires the vehicle to be locked to go to sleep. It looks like the two were at odds... Curious to know if others run into this.
I noticed that the car didn't sleep when at home with the "auto walk away lock at home" set and Sentry on except when at home.
I contacted the SC about this issue and I received a message that the problem will be fixed in the next release....

However if I disabled "auto walk away lock at home" then the car get lock when at home,
and then remotely I unlock the car with the App and this way the car goes to sleep while unlocked.

Been a while since I've seen activity in this thread...

Just had a potential issue pop up. With the latest software update from Tesla (2020.32.3) I disabled "auto walk away lock at home". I then noticed my car would didn't go to sleep and it burned off lots of juice parked in the garage. I just noticed there's an option in Teslamate that, when checked, requires the vehicle to be locked to go to sleep. It looks like the two were at odds... Curious to know if others run into this.

Yes that has to be unchecked for the home unlocked option.

I ended up scrapping my Rasp Pi 4 and created a Ubuntu VM on my main desktop. Everything is working so far and its much, much faster than Rasp Pi 4 - which can be seen with the new TeslaFi import feature. It took my Pi4 overnight to import from April of last year and it only took a few hours on my desktop

I hope that Teslamate adds a feature of estimated gas saved by week, month, year, all time, etc
How did you do this? I’m having issues doing the import from Teslafi.

yes, no problem, described here
just put your .csv files downloaded from TeslaFi to the "import"-folder (same directory as your docker-compose.yml file)
and restart (docker-compose restart)
Then open TeslaMate admin interface, check you see all the files you expect and start the import

Can take plenty of time

yes, no problem, described here
just put your .csv files downloaded from TeslaFi to the "import"-folder (same directory as your docker-compose.yml file)
and restart (docker-compose restart)
Then open TeslaMate admin interface, check you see all the files you expect and start the import

Can take plenty of time
I’ll have to look again. That was the instructions I was trying to follow but couldn’t grasp just how to do it. Need step by step lol

Just in case it's helpful for anyone in this thread (I've been posting this stuff in the UK section).

Now AWS, GCP and Azure seem to be blocked;
How to install TeslaMate on a Raspberry Pi without using a monitor - TeslaEV.co.uk
How to setup and run TeslaMate on a Digital Ocean Droplet server - TeslaEV.co.uk

There's also guides linked on those articles about how to perform automated backups to Google Drive and how to import supercharger / destination charger locations, although mainly UK focused. I'd be happy to help and do some exports for specific locations ready for import.

I've got TeslaMate running on Docker on a Windows 10 PC. How do I get alerts to work. I have set up a Telegram Notification Channel and the test alert works fine, but how do I set up Alert Rules. For example, I want an alert to notify me when the SoC is less than 25%. So I go to the "Charge Level" Dashboard, edit, and click the Bell icon on the bottom left and it says "Template variables are not supported in alert queries". Any help would be appreciated please.

Very, very cool app. I've been using it locally since June running off a Raspberry PI (dockerized) and just upgraded to the Traefik/Let'sEncrypt configuration this evening. All my data is preserved. The automatic SSL cert issuance is very sweet!

One question - my Teslamate page still links the dashboards to the old addresses (http://192.168.1.x:7000) where I would like them to point to my new instance name (https://grafana.[mydomain].com). Is there a way for me to force an update on these?

Hi All,

I've installed TeslaMate in a Docker container on my Synology and all is running well. I do have a question related to the volume mappings for the different containers (TeslaMate Main container, DB container, etC). When I look at the docker-compose.yml file we have the import folder to import CSV files, but I don't see a volume mapping for the DB? so what happens when I clear my docker container to get a new image? Will all my data be gone? All other programs I'm running in a container have volume mapping to local drives and that's where the data is stored and contained when you clear a container.

Any feedback or insights will be much appreciated!

Hi All,

I've installed TeslaMate in a Docker container on my Synology and all is running well. I do have a question related to the volume mappings for the different containers (TeslaMate Main container, DB container, etC). When I look at the docker-compose.yml file we have the import folder to import CSV files, but I don't see a volume mapping for the DB? so what happens when I clear my docker container to get a new image? Will all my data be gone? All other programs I'm running in a container have volume mapping to local drives and that's where the data is stored and contained when you clear a container.

Any feedback or insights will be much appreciated!
The default docker-compose.yml makes use of docker named volumes. These are managed by docker and I believe are stored in /var/lib/docker/volumes. These are only deleted if you explicitly do so, they won't be destroyed when the container is updated or deleted.