Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMirror Safe?

Tha_Ape

Jun 15, 2021
Washington, DC
I'm getting ready to take a very long road trip in my Model Y. I'll be stopping quite a bit at superchargers along the way and want to stream videos from my home Plex server. I can do it on my phone and understand I can mirror it to the MY's screen with TeslaMirror. I just have a couple of security concerns.

1) Is it safe to the Tesla? I realize its going through the Tesla's web browser, but is there anything possible the app could do to my car that would void any warranty?

2) Is it safe for my phone? This is more of a cyber security question, but I've heard of apps "phoning home" and relaying data. Does anyone know if this app does that?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC