Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teslamotors.com issues (canada)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using Chrome, at Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles if I change the region on the bottom of the page to Canada (En) it isn't remembered and next session it goes back to US every time - highly annoying. I haven't disabled cookies or anything.

Also somewhat related, I notice on the Model S page, the US version has a 'Charging Estimator' widget whereas for Canada it disappears. Probably because there's an electricity cost figure there which they don't want to deal with. But then if so, why not just have a value you can change? We can of course just use the US page, but who wants to deal with obsolete units like miles. :)

Using Chrome, at Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles if I change the region on the bottom of the page to Canada (En) it isn't remembered and next session it goes back to US every time - highly annoying. I haven't disabled cookies or anything.
Once I changed regions I bookmarked it as I was having the same issue therefore saving a step or two when I visit the page.

I've raised a few issues with Tesla Canada regarding the incorrect listing of 40A charging via 14-50 adaptor. While the US adaptor can charge a Model S at 40A, the Canadian version of the adaptor supports 32A. This caused me to spend a few hundred $ that I didn't otherwise have to, as I already had a 40A circuit and wiring available from my panel, but didn't use that, as I mistakenly (due to the website and PDF's) believed the information to be correct.

Tesla had fixed a few examples of this, but many still remain. They did agree to keep working on this...

I've raised a few issues with Tesla Canada regarding the incorrect listing of 40A charging via 14-50 adaptor. While the US adaptor can charge a Model S at 40A, the Canadian version of the adaptor supports 32A. This caused me to spend a few hundred $ that I didn't otherwise have to, as I already had a 40A circuit and wiring available from my panel, but didn't use that, as I mistakenly (due to the website and PDF's) believed the information to be correct.

Tesla had fixed a few examples of this, but many still remain. They did agree to keep working on this...

14-50 adapter with the UMC? I can pull 40 amps on my 50 amp outlet no problem.