Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMS tools for telemetry data visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I would be giving anyone my login info with either example above as the scripts and aspx page would be running on
My computer/homeseer, it wouldn't be open to the outside world.

I see, I misunderstood where the software runs. If you collect the data yourself then just store it in a file or mongodb and have the script periodically check the latest position data to trigger the required actions.

Yeah, because of the nature of some of these events, would prefer not to have the added delay in location gathering so we are looking to store the data in an aspx page and then go from there. Each time a new row of data comes in a new aspx page is made and then deleted. Btw, how often is streaming.js polling tesla, every 30s or more often?

Yeah, because of the nature of some of these events, would prefer not to have the added delay in location gathering so we are looking to store the data in an aspx page and then go from there. Each time a new row of data comes in a new aspx page is made and then deleted. Btw, how often is streaming.js polling tesla, every 30s or more often?

The streaming data usually updates every 250ms

Has anyone been able to get visualize.js to run on a Windows 2008 server?
I had everything working with the Node/Mongodb/Streaming/Visualize combo on a Windows 8 machine and wanted to replicate it to an "always on" Windows 2008 server for data collection/distribution.
Everything is working except for getting the visualize server to fire up. When I enter the node visualize --db tesla location from a > prompt it just returns ... and a web page request times out.

What do you mean it returns ... - do you mean literally 3 dots?
What port are you running on? It looks like there is a bug in visualize.js where the -p argument is ignored and it actually *always* runs on port 8766 no matter what you put in there.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean it returns ... - do you mean literally 3 dots?
What port are you running on? It looks like there is a bug in visualize.js where the -p argument is ignored and it actually *always* runs on port 8766 no matter what you put in there.

I submitted a patch request to fix the -p bug...

Has anyone been able to get visualize.js to run on a Windows 2008 server?
I had everything working with the Node/Mongodb/Streaming/Visualize combo on a Windows 8 machine and wanted to replicate it to an "always on" Windows 2008 server for data collection/distribution.
Everything is working except for getting the visualize server to fire up. When I enter the node visualize --db tesla location from a > prompt it just returns ... and a web page request times out.
Can you run it with '--verbose' so we can get an idea of what's going on?

chargebar, climatemon, streaming, telsacmd, teslamap, all work.

Everything else with a .js extension returns an error similar to:
The term 'visualize' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, scrip
t file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was i
ncluded, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:10
+ visualize <<<< --db tesla
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (visualize:String) [], CommandNo
tFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command visualize was not found, but does exist in t
he current location. Windows PowerShell doesn't load commands from the current l
ocation by default. If you trust this command, instead type ".\visualize". See "
get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.

chargebar, climatemon, streaming, telsacmd, teslamap, all work.

The commands listed install as global commands when installed using "npm install -g". That means you can run them from anywhere like built in OS commands since they are added to your path.

I used to include visualize.js in the list of global commands installed but this caused other problems because it needs to be run from the from the teslams\examples\visualize directory.

I can put it back the way it was before, but in the meantime you will need to specify the full path name to visualize.js and you will have to include the .js extension or put "node" in front.

Looks like visualize.js wasn't added properly to package.json - so npm didn't create a reference to it.
That's my guess. Not an npm expert. Dirk?

Oops. I entered this post before I saw Hans's response...