Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslanaires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AustinEV, come clean with your new model s:)

When my wife's friend visited us, my wife would say oh we take out an auto loan to satisfy my insatiable appetite for luxury car. I just leave them alone without commenting.

I actually feel strange even discussing this. Everyone decides what he wants to hide and what he wants to tell, everyone decides what he wants to learn and what he rather not. One party does not tell the other party what to tell or hide or learn or shut.

That is exactly my scenario, a self-directed IRA. I had a 6x return from AAPL and then two years ago I switched it all to Tesla. The brokerage professionals tell me to sell and diversify, but then that is exactly what they said at 30, 50, 90... for that matter it is what they said when I owned Apple.

I'm told, I can start drawing down the IRA without penalty in a few years, when I hit 55.

59 1/2, unless you utilize the 72t option which requires you to w/d a minimum $ amount annually for a minimum of 5 years.

(If someone were to ask me, I don't know if I could recommend something as volatile as this stock. Everyone has a different appetite for risk.)

Until recently, when anyone expressed regret to me that they hadn't invested in Tesla stock at $___, I would tell them that "It's not too late yet!". That's because I was sure that they would make money. After the last earnings report and the recent runup I'm more in Bonnie's camp, the volatility now outweighs the probability of making money. I wouldn't want a friend, or soon to be ex-friend, to invest and lose their shirt because they did a panic sell during a dip.

The cat's out of the bag now though.
wink.gif

I can still hide:cool:. Funny thing is most people do not read the article fully and I am buried invisible. As one comment:

"
Sxxx | August 21, 2013

Nobody quoted in the article was a Teslanaire. Everyone seemed to have made $100,000 or more though.

"

I have no problem being known on this forum. The only thing on the news is how it affects your work. For that I can proudly announce here (the first time publicly) I resigned. It is irresponsible for me to spend 8 hours a day on a job for a salary and some stock(it is actually a high profile start-up) while my account daily swing is more than my yearly salary. Besides I got a few dreams of my own want to fulfill so timing can't be better.

I can still hide. Funny thing is most people do not read the article fully and I am buried invisible. As one comment:

"
Sxxx | August 21, 2013

Nobody quoted in the article was a Teslanaire. Everyone seemed to have made $100,000 or more though.

"

I have no problem being known on this forum. The only thing on the news is how it affects your work. For that I can proudly announce here (the first time publicly) I resigned. It is irresponsible for me to spend 8 hours a day on a job for a salary and some stock(it is actually a high profile start-up) while my account daily swing is more than my yearly salary. Besides I got a few dreams of my own want to fulfill so timing can't be better.

Congratulations! :biggrin:

I can still hide:cool:. Funny thing is most people do not read the article fully and I am buried invisible. As one comment:

"
Sxxx | August 21, 2013

"

Good going dude. It's all about value of time. I was off on vacation early this year from my last contracting gig and doing investment research the first few months of this year on future investments (after a nice YHOO ride). That's when I found TSLA. More value can be added doing research at home or from your iPad on the beach rather than slaving for 8 hrs + per day round the year ;-) Enjoy your plans.

Congratulations on the big move! Only the Teslabest wishes for you. :)

Congrats good friend ! :) Anyone who has made me as much money as you have is a good friend indeed. I have a few on this board that may or may not know they are considered a good friend :)

"
Sxxx | August 21, 2013

"

Congrats ! I have considered this but I don't think the time is quite right for me. If Tesla continues this run up to 300 with no long term pullback it would of been but I only started with 4k invested and my salary is rapidly growing so I can not justify it yet.

congrats! Hope you took some profits off of paper before leaving your job in case the stock market crashes along with TSLA.
Don't forget to contact me if you plan to start a Fund, I'll do my best to help you as a fellow TSLA shareholder...feel like all of us on this board share a common bond now

My friends, thanks for all the Kind words. As i posted on the other thread, today i exit all of my holding in the 401(k) account. I need to take a breath to access the situation before I can fully implement my hedging strategy. I shall reinvest, perhaps as soon as next week. My investment thesis on TSLA (in my signature) has not changed.

It is quite a relief. Even this morning I woke up before 4am. I was able take a nice afternoon nap for a well needed rest. :)