Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaOffer Auto Frunk Time-Out & Reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Frieda’s Boss

Model 3 AWD Silver + Model Y AWD Red
Sep 30, 2018
Vancouver, WA
We have the TeslaOffer (not Hansshow) Auto Frunk Opener and accidentally left the Frunk open after unloading groceries in our garage. At some point, the Y went to sleep as expected, but we went into the garage about an hour later and tried to shut the Frunk, nothing would respond: not the App, main screen, or the emergency release button.

In the end, I had to remove the top plastic cover (the one over the battery and air intake) so that I could access the Controller and had to press & hold to hard reset.

It seems like it loses its status and won’t close without hard resetting the Controller if the car goes to sleep. Has anyone else had this experience? I may try reaching out to TeslaOffer via WhatsApp chat and see if that’s a known issue or if they’ve released a patch but just wanted to leave a paper trail at TMC for someone’s future reference.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Hi, this is Raymond from Tesla Offer.

Yes we are aware of the issue that when the frunk left open for too long and the car sleeps, the frunk system will lose the status. We will release update to fix this problem. But in case if it happen, you just need to manually close the frunk once and don't need to reinitialize the system.

Thanks and we will try to release an update Asap.

I posted this issue a while back, no big deal. Problem is if the trunk is left open for an extended period and the car goes to sleep, it thinks the frunk is closed so when you send the command it wants to once again open the frunk but it already is. Had this happen to me in my garage about a month ago. Just close it manually like you would if you had no electric frunk and next time you hit the open command it will work fine. Basically it is got out of sync. I have had my unit for a couple of months now and this only happened one time as the frunk was left open for about an hour. Most people will never run into this however it is good to know a fix is in the works.

Have not updated firmware yet on mine however there is a usb port on the side of the controller where I must assume one updates via a usb thumb drive.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
Hi Raymond, any updates?

Hi, this is Raymond from Tesla Offer.

Yes we are aware of the issue that when the frunk left open for too long and the car sleeps, the frunk system will lose the status. We will release update to fix this problem. But in case if it happen, you just need to manually close the frunk once and don't need to reinitialize the system.

Thanks and we will try to release an update Asap.