Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaOffer SR+ Unleash - Ambient Light and Rear Heated Seat Activator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be interested in the ambient light feature only, if the module was half the price. I don't miss the ambient lights, but if I could enable them on my SR+ then I would pay to do that. But my 2020 SR+ doesn't have the pocket lights so that's a bust.

The rear heated seats controls seem a little hokey, but accessing it seems easier than going through the screen hvac menu to turn them on. I bought the Rear Heated Seats upgrade on my SR+ the same day when I picked it up, but that's because my kids like to have a warm seat when they sit in the back. Plus, on those "cold So Cal" mornings when I want to warm up the cabin and turn on the heated seats, I can do any or all seats via the app. With this module, you can't pre-heat the rear seats.

That being said, I rarely put any of the seats on the highest setting since they warm up quick and can get really hot. I wouldn't want my kids to have their own control of the heated seats via the window switch, and then panic when they can't figure out how to turn down or turn off the seats while I'm driving. I like handling the controls for them from the front seat.

Reactions: Choncho
I agree with the heated seat control, would much rather have it controlled by the app and the menu. I asked if there was an option to only have the ambient lights activated and they do. They told me it would be $119 + shipping

Anyone know how this is installed?

When the site was working (when I originally posted in this thread), they showed a plug-in wire harness piece that was plugged in-line somewhere. Similar to the Hansshow seat massage unit, where you use existing plugs and don't need to cut or hardwire anything, nor use the CANBUS port.

The other thing to consider is that 2020 SR+ models (including some late model 2019 SR+ cars, from what people have said), there are no pocket lights or wiring in the doors. So basically you would be paying $119 + tax & shipping to just enable 2 front footwell lights.... unless you spend another $80 and add some rear footwell lights.

Not worth it for that price IMO.

My 2021 has 'ambient lighting', but it's only the front foot wells... and super dim. I wouldn't spend anything to turn them on if they weren't already, to be honest. I expected at least something on the doors and dash, to be called ambient lighting.

Been had ambient lights in SR+

Rw683wz.jpg

tzRi2vB.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MODEL+