TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Teslar Motors and solar panel

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by tdelta1000, Jan 19, 2010.

1. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

The nature of this post comes from the general idea that Tesla Motors is a so called "Green" company. If they are a "Green" company then what is a better way to promote that by installing solar panels to reduce their carbon footprint.

Does anyone know if Tesla Motors is using solar panels on any of its world wide locations????? If so which location(s)???

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

3. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

TEG,

Thanks for the infomation but do you think Tesla will move in that direction when they move into their permanent location?

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

If they want good LEED rating then it would help.

5. mt2

mt2 Member

And in previous information about the Model S factory (when they for sure were going to build it in two other locations until they didn't), the LEED rating always figured prominently.

I also think Elon's association with Solar City will figure into design. Great press for both companies. A win-win for Mr. Musk.

6. domenick

domenick Nerd

I've always thought there should be a lot of cross marketing with Tesla and Solar City. It seems like such an opportunity wasted not to have solar set-ups not only on each dealership (they can move them if they change location) but also in the showroom and on offer as an option.

7. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Domenick, I agree with you but they still have a change to develop that relationship when the Model S rolls out.

I would also like to know do Tesla have seroius paln to use solar panels on their new HQ and factory.