Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslarati speculates that Ludicrous mode is coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When this came out for the S was it only on new cars? Or did they do a software update for existing cars?

Everything you need to know about this question is in an old Tesla blog post called 'Three Dog Day' here.

Answer: "This option will cost $10k for new buyers. In appreciation of our existing P85D owners, the pack electronics upgrade needed for Ludicrous Mode will be offered for the next six months at only $5k plus installation labor."

We can only hope they repeat in similar fashion for 3 owners.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and boriszima
Seems a lot of items are in the pipeline for Tesla. I think there is always extra squeeze of some performance, we shall find out towards end of the year. If this will be free, then those with Model 3 Performance will be happy(with PUP for sure, who knows about those that have stealth) if paid, then i am ok with my regular AWD.

I'm just gonna put this out there from what Elon said earlier today regarding potential future power upgrades to the Model 3...

Elon-M3-MorePower.png

In March, we got 5% more power and .1sec drop in 0-60 times for $0.

There was no impact to 0-60 times from the advertised power upgrade.
But it did cost $0.

Yeah Elon says a lot of things.......
He sure does... some of it is plain dumb ... some of it is childishly hilarious:

Elon Musk's Twitter in 2018: Lawsuits, dank memes, and 'funding secured'

Elon Musk said he wants to 'nuke' Mars — these are 37 of his other wildest quotes

"Model 3 would beat Taycan ... because it has more range"
is the epitome of a lame excuse.

If either stock TM3 or MS could beat Taycan on Nurburgring, Tesla would have been driving them them there already.
Instead, they shipped an MS-plaid prototype, then shod it with R-comp tires, to try to beat Taycan.
'nuff said.

mcu9ggpqr1f52zmtmpwj.jpg

a

"Model 3 would beat Taycan ... because it has more range"
is the epitome of a lame excuse.

If either stock TM3 or MS could beat Taycan on Nurburgring, Tesla would have been driving them them there already.
Instead, they shipped an MS-plaid prototype, then shod it with R-comp tires, to try to beat Taycan.
'nuff said.
You have a weird interpretation of what that tweet and response.

Im not optimistic that it will happen but the only thing I see that supports the idea to uncork more power is that in the motor thread a recent poster stated that the HP rating of the 980 used on the RWD models is higher than the current HP rating of the M3P 980 motors. There might be some more headroom but I still don't see it happening as theres no real competition to the 3's speed yet anyways. Maybe when the new BMW M3 goes on sale.

Im not optimistic that it will happen but the only thing I see that supports the idea to uncork more power is that in the motor thread a recent poster stated that the HP rating of the 980 used on the RWD models is higher than the current HP rating of the M3P 980 motors. There might be some more headroom but I still don't see it happening as theres no real competition to the 3's speed yet anyways. Maybe when the new BMW M3 goes on sale.
Link? :)