Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TESLAROADTRIP “Tesla Meets Tesla” First Annual Event at Wardenclyffe, 25 October 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Jim

I would like to add my thanks for getting us involved with this very interesting event. Do you know where we can see the owner/car photos that took much of the morning to take?

Frank, thanks for the kind words! You can see photos and video at RememberTesla.com - RememberTesla.com.

BTW, for those who attended, I am trying to find out the status of the "hero" shots by our cars in front of the lab that were taken by a professional photographer. They (except the two that Kevin Wood posted to the website) are not posted anywhere yet.

Tesla Meets Tesla 2014.jpg
Got mine today too - nice pic!

Last edited:
Any word on another gathering at the site? Still waiting for the next one!
The Tesla Science Center folks did not appear to be interested in holding the event again for various reasons (my guesses). First, the event cost them about $5000 - something a non-profit should not be doing (negative cash flow). Second, they have become much more savvy in their fund raising efforts), and their eyes are on much bigger fund raising events. As an aside, though, anyone can schedule a volunteer cleanup event via the TSC website. Several folks have expressed interest but no one has stepped up to organize and coordinate with TSC.

Reactions: EVJunkie
I was on the Tesla Science Center site tonight and they are advertising the Electric Dream Expo for Saturday, July 8, 2017 @ Telsa Science Center at Wardenclyffe from 2pm - 6pm to celebrate his 161st birthday for anyone who is interested. There's a link to Eventbrite there and tickets range from $5 to $25.

Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe
Electric Dream Expo

I downloaded on iTunes and we watched the documentary ("Tower for the People") on Nikola Tesla's life and Wardenclyffe tonight in fact. Think it was produced in 2015. Both hubby and I really enjoyed it. Runs just under 2 hrs and was very nicely done. Recommend to anyone who hasn't watched it.

Just found this thread after watching the film. jthompson, were you or any of the other members here part of the video footage for it? Too bad we are on opposite coasts.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatB
SMAIset: Thanks for the shoutout, but I have not seen the documentary yet. I donated on the fund raising campaign and thought I was going to receive a copy, but perhaps I misunderstood the fund raising campaign. At any rate if there is any video of us on that October 25th day (cleaning up or showing our cars), let me know!

If I remember the video correctly, near the end when the focus turned towards resurrecting the Wardonclyffe decades later, they talked about Oatmeal and the indiegogo project and eventually the volunteers who came to help clean up the landscaping that was obscuring the buildings. There were some interviews with some of the volunteers. I watched the video before seeing this post so really couldn't say but I don't specifically remember any mention of Tesla cars being there (other than people who associated the name Tesla with the car--shown at beginning of the film when asked do you know who Nikola Tesla was). At the end when they were explaining how they reached enough funding to purchase the site, they did have a full screen video segment stating that Elon Musk had donated a considerable amount (think it was 1M).

The majority of the film was about the man and his inventions and his life but they did cover a decent amount of the Wardonclyffe resurrection effort and those involved and what was being done.

As for donating to the fund raising campaign, they talked about how they celebrated when they were able to purchase the site and the next day realizing that they now had a world of people to get t-shirts out to and what a monumental task that was for them. Showed a map of where donations came from. They mentioned sometimes they couldn't read the name of the donor or such other things so you might find that part interesting. Was your fundraising reward level a copy of the DVD? I know there was a group making a movie about Tesla but they didn't end up raising enough to go into production and if memory serves me they took the money they did have for the project and donated it to the Tesla Science Center for the purchase of the site helping them reach their goal.

I remembered some things about Tesla during his early days but nothing like what the film brought out. Fascinating guy. Makes you wonder if he had convinced Mr. Morgan or had Morgan not stopped others from funding him, what he could have accomplished. Great interviews through out the film along with photos. Interesting background about his work in Colorado Springs before setting up Wardonclyffe. Segment about using ground radar to search and locate the underground tunnels used in the tower project. Tragic how historical events like the Titanic impacted his life. Hey even Penn from Penn & Teller was on the film.

Reactions: jthompson