Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like you guys had fun on day two of the planning session--just my luck that I'd get to go to the conference room session but have to miss the actual driving part.

Looking forward to Feb., though!

Welcome Brit4864 to the @TeslaRoadTrip 2014!

I think you are the southernmost Supercharged traveler to be making the drive to DC.

So far this has been a grass roots effort by a great group of enthusiasts determined to demonstrate and celebrate the completed eastern corridor and coast-to-coast Supercharger networks. If you would like to see Tesla Motors get involved, let them know. :smile:

Glad you are joining us!

"All Superchargers Lead to DC"

Thanks Lanny. It'll be a fun trip. I've just shot an email to Tesla Press to let them know and copied this TMC announcement in it.

Hi everybody. Assuming Savannah and Lumberton SC's will be open by then (Lumberton opens today?), I'll be making my way up from South Florida to DC for that weekend. I'll only be able to make the Sunday event but should arrive at the hotel by Saturday night. Is Tesla corporate being involved with it in any way? I'd have thought with this location they would want to be.

So glad that you are arriving Saturday night, that way we will hopefully get to meet you at the cocktail hour.

Passing along recent info posted in the Mid-Atlantic forum re: supercharger locations.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/17384-Superchargers-in-VA/page18?p=551443#post551443

Sounds like there may be a temporary location in "the Bethesda area," and that the final location is going to be Potomac Mills, at least according to reports over there. The drive from Mt. Vernon to Potomac Mills is no one's idea of scenic and can be a PITA as far as traffic goes, but it's not terribly far.

At the same time, if the site is just moving through permitting now it's unclear whether it can be completed by 2/15.

Folks, I have to work those days but please know I will be working with a little more dance in my step knowing you are all on the road to DC.
DC, like Direct Current - it all makes sense, yes.
Just Great - Have a Blast. May you have Blue Skies - Metallic Blue Skies, in fact - All The Way...

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Everyone--
I was the member that originally suggested Triple D Detailing for the event and received a private message from "jcadman22" asking me to coordinate the detailing. When I called Triple D this morning they told me that another member (William) had already talked to them and mentioned that there were potentially going to be 3 detailers at the event.

Two things:

Triple D doesn't want to compete with 2 other detailers for the job. If we were to get 2 detailers max I think that would be acceptable but they aren't going to haul their stuff out to Northern VA to detail 5 cars.
If we can commit to 20 cars I think they are interested--otherwise they probably aren't going to want to participate. We also need to have a definitive spot picked out for the detailing where we aren't going to be chased off the property. Unfortunately, I'm in Maryland and don't have the time to scout out a place. Maybe the hotel will allow us to do the detailing in the parking lot. If someone has been in touch with the hotel, that might be the first place to check.

Secondly, I didn't mind making the calls and trying to organize with Triple D but it looks like there needs to be one person in charge of doing this. I was a bit concerned when they told me that someone else had been in touch with them more than once. Can we figure out a point person for this?

John Young

johnyoung1234

Thanks for following up with Triple D Detailing. You bring up a good point about having just the right number of detailers to handle the quantity of cars that need cleaning.

FireLT will be our person in charge of coordinating the detailing. He lives in Virginia and is closer to the hotel to scout things out there. He will get with you about Triple D and I'll ask the hotel where the detailing area can be set up and give that info to FireLT. Really appreciate you moving this forward. Making sure the people coming from out of town can have their cars cleaned when they arrive is a priority!

Lanny

Wow, these Triple D pricing isn't too bad for what I need. I will be looking to sell my current car, so I think spending at least 150 on their ultimate package to make my car presentable enough to sell.

as a side note, where exactly do we need to submit for the second day dinner/speaker event. Since you posted that it would need to be paid for and such. I probably just missed it.

Edit: Looking at the form again, it seems like it was changed from when I filled it out... hrmmm. So Is there a way to edit/update the one I filled out, or should I submit it again?

If you guys need a second detailer, a group of us have used C&C Auto Detail locally and have been quite happy. Just let me know and I can set it up. I'm sure he won't mind doing a handful (more or less). We could even arrange a slightly different area for this 2nd detailer; I do think it's awkward to have 2 different companies in one spot. I know I've mentioned this before so this will be the last time unless you're interested.

A thousand-mile trip is too much for me this February, but I'll be with you all in spirit. Godspeed to all of you, and maybe I'll be able to join in next year!

Hi Rodolfo,

There is a possibility of another event that might interest you.

Larry

Thanks for letting your membership know - we really appreciate it!

We saw a rooftop open space during our planning weekend at one of the volunteer's office building that gets rented out for functions that has an INCREDIBLE view of the Capitol Building and the Mall. It was at that point (last weekend) that @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Cherry Blossom Run" was actually coined and discussed!!!! So stay tuned!!

Aaron

Larry

If you guys need a second detailer, a group of us have used C&C Auto Detail locally and have been quite happy. Just let me know and I can set it up. I'm sure he won't mind doing a handful (more or less). We could even arrange a slightly different area for this 2nd detailer; I do think it's awkward to have 2 different companies in one spot. I know I've mentioned this before so this will be the last time unless you're interested.

Slightly off-topic, but do you know if this or any other detailer will do mobile detailing, traveling to locations in NW DC? I'd like to be shined up before I arrive but would prefer if the detailer came to me.

Thanks dockt, I met with Curtis from C&C today and he is coming over to clean my MS over this or next weekend. Thanks for sharing your good experience with him on this thread. C&C is definitely under consideration. As for having 2 different companies at site, your concern is valid, but IMO I think we need to consider the capacity (number of cars) of just one vs. two detailers. Then again, it depends on how many owners need to have their cars washed.

Passing along recent info posted in the Mid-Atlantic forum re: supercharger locations.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/17384-Superchargers-in-VA/page18?p=551443#post551443

Sounds like there may be a temporary location in "the Bethesda area," and that the final location is going to be Potomac Mills, at least according to reports over there. The drive from Mt. Vernon to Potomac Mills is no one's idea of scenic and can be a PITA as far as traffic goes, but it's not terribly far.

At the same time, if the site is just moving through permitting now it's unclear whether it can be completed by 2/15.

the latest from this page is that the Bethesda charger is coming very soon. However bad news is that there is only one charger (it appears) that is going into that location. So while I highly suspect it will be operational during our timeframe, I wouldn't try to have all of us end up there to charge haha.

I have one suggestion so far: name tags. I asked the Tesla store at Montgomery Mall if they have any Tesla lanyards for name tags.

I'm thinking we need name tags with both our real names and our TMC handles.

- - - Updated - - -

the latest from this page is that the Bethesda charger is coming very soon. However bad news is that there is only one charger (it appears) that is going into that location. So while I highly suspect it will be operational during our timeframe, I wouldn't try to have all of us end up there to charge haha.

I believe they are going to try to get it running before the event. Still, it would be hard for a lot of us to charge there.