Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Andrew

Not to worry - we'll delete the earlier entry we placed in the database from your email and leave the updated entry you did via the form...

Aaron

I just booked a 2nd/earlier flight to get home on the 15th. If I can make it, I'll get home just before midnight. Assuming my family doesn't kill me, that means I can join you guys for breakfast and the photo etc on the 16th. It's tight. I have to get from a meeting to the plane in a bit over an hour. The Seattle airport is about 25 minutes from downtown on a Saturday.

I just booked a 2nd/earlier flight to get home on the 15th. If I can make it, I'll get home just before midnight. Assuming my family doesn't kill me, that means I can join you guys for breakfast and the photo etc on the 16th. It's tight. I have to get from a meeting to the plane in a bit over an hour. The Seattle airport is about 25 minutes from downtown on a Saturday.

Sounds good Andrew!

Aaron

Andrew,

What you need is a P85+ taxi to whisk you to the airport in time. :smile:

Glad you're planning to get back in time for the Sunday scenic drive. I was out this morning testing and tweaking the route through the city and I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Lanny

95jW1bSB.JPG

Ok conviced, we make the crazy trip although we have almost no time :( We are coming from Tampa/Florida, not as much south as Brit4864 but almost the same distance as we are further west. Brit4864 I did send you a private message to maybe meet and drive up together. I will wait with the registration until we know the exact schedule of when we leave to better plan what we can attend. I assume if we arrive by 2PM at Glen Allan, that would be sufficient ? As the agenda states that it starts at 10am there I just want to make sure.

I am super excited to see so many Teslas together but am a little concerned with charging. I think we maybe need to do spreadsheet with all the stations to make sure everybody gets charged. Or are the majority locals ?

Joe

Ok conviced, we make the crazy trip although we have almost no time :( We are coming from Tampa/Florida, not as much south as Brit4864 but almost the same distance as we are further west. Brit4864 I did send you a private message to maybe meet and drive up together. I will wait with the registration until we know the exact schedule of when we leave to better plan what we can attend. I assume if we arrive by 2PM at Glen Allan, that would be sufficient ? As the agenda states that it starts at 10am there I just want to make sure.

I am super excited to see so many Teslas together but am a little concerned with charging. I think we maybe need to do spreadsheet with all the stations to make sure everybody gets charged. Or are the majority locals ?

Joe

Joe

Not to worry - we're on it (literally we're on a conference call right now)....

Long distance drivers will have priority for charging and we are assigning several "Charging Ambassadors" to do all the coordination.

No worries :)

Aaron

Joer00; I got your private message. I think making Glen Allen by 2pm from Savannah might be a tall order. Google maps shows about 7hrs. Add charging time stops enroute, probably more like 8 or 9hrs. I'd planned to arrive in DC by 6pm latest in time for cocktail hour :smile:

I assume if we arrive by 2PM at Glen Allan, that would be sufficient ? As the agenda states that it starts at 10am there I just want to make sure.

Joe

Hello Joe,
So glad that you can join and strengthen this one fun filled event. Look forward to meeting you and other Tesla owners.
We plan to start gathering at Glen Allen SC at 10:00 a.m. and depart for Arlington at 2:00 p.m. This will allow us a 4 hour window of time at Glen Allen, enough for everybody to recharge their Teslas, have lunch, exchange wonderful experiences etc. Trip from Glen Allen to Arlington is shade under 100 miles, and we have 2 hours to complete this leg of the trip (traffic on 95 could be unpredictable) enough to get to the hotel by 4:00 p.m. Check in time or little bit sooner, and then have a 2 hour window to settle in and be ready for the evening event at 6:00 p.m. Would like to see both you and Brit4864 at Glen Allen, but I do understand your time constraints. Most important is that you and Brit4864 are going to be part of the event through the weekend. Once again, welcome.

Last edited:
Hello Joe,
So glad that you can join and strengthen this one fun filled event. Look forward to meeting you and other Tesla owners.
We plan to start gathering at Glen Allen SC at 10:00 a.m. and depart for Arlington at 2:00 p.m. This will allow us a 4 hour window of time at Glen Allen, enough for everybody to recharge their Teslas, have lunch, exchange wonderful experiences etc. Trip from Glen Allen to Arlington is shade under 100 miles, and we have 2 hours to complete this leg of the trip (traffic on 95 could be unpredictable) enough to get to the hotel by 4:00 p.m. Check in time or little bit sooner, and then have a 2 hour window to settle in and be ready for the evening event at 6:00 p.m. Would like to see both you and Brit4864 at Glen Allen, but I do understand your time constraints. Most important is that you and Brit4864 are going to be part of the event through the weekend. Once again, welcome.

while 95 can be unpredictable, going north INTO Arlington on a Saturday is likely to be met with lighter than normal traffic (I would hope), The only downside is the HOV is turned the other direction during this time, so it has the potential to get a bit backed up depending on what people choose to do. I would say, if you were traveling north, Saturday is as good a day as any... But I would recommend if possible, setting off a little bit sooner than 2. 2 hours at 65 average would be plenty, but you are bound to get hung up between quantico and lorton... it just happens... and it sucks... Just my 2 cents from living along this stretch of road for the past 5 years... for whatever that is worth.

Speaking of locals vs long distance, any chance you can provide a current tally?

As of today, January, 21, 2014, there are 60 cars registered, including 4 Roadsters.

Of those 60 registrations, 43 are local to the Washington, DC area and 17 are traveling a long distance (beyond the closest Supercharger).

Sign up now if you haven't already, and reserve your hotel room before the block at the special rate runs out. @TeslaRoadTrip Registration

Lanny

As of today, January, 21, 2014, there are 60 cars registered, including 4 Roadsters.

Of those 60 registrations, 43 are local to the Washington, DC area and 17 are traveling a long distance (beyond the closest Supercharger).

Sign up now if you haven't already, and reserve your hotel room before the block at the special rate runs out. @TeslaRoadTrip Registration

Lanny

Awesome, hopefully even more will sign up.

Lanny

Sounds awesome. I hope the EV message gets out to the unwashed masses !!!

It looks like the longest gap is between Macedonia OH and Somerset PA. While 175 mi should be ok in my S85, does anyone know what SC is being installed on this route between these locations?

elecblue

Yes - Cranberry, PA which is northeast of pittsburgh, pa and is about halfway between Macedonia and Somerset. But I wouldn't count on it being ready by Presidents weekend.

175 is entirely doable, even in cold weather... Just make sure you range charge in Macedonia!

Aaron