Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some perspective for out of towners visiting us this weekend, the first picture is from yesterday morning. The second is from this afternoon. I didn't touch the car - only shoveled around it. Getting excited!
20140213_114504.jpg
20140214_152829.jpg

The roads are very clear--and, indeed, mostly dry--around Arlington now, though some side streets are still waiting for plows and street parking may be blocked by drifts.

Ironically, I may have more trouble charging for this than most long-distance attendees. The county doesn't plow my alley, and until the snow melts enough for me to get the car back there, I am limited to a sad NEMA 5-20 outlet on my front yard light pole.

Smooth sailing down I95 to Washington DC!

Was there really a snowstorm on Thursday?

I arrived at the event hotel in Arlington, VA safe and sound - in 50 degree weather no less! All the roads were dry and wide open for the trip -- I almost opened the pano roof!

So excited for @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 !!!

BgeIiSHIUAAqk-Z.jpg

Aaron

A few unofficial photos from some of the Sunday events... thanks to everyone who helped organize and to everyone who supercharged their way here from so far away!

Staging area (Potomac Yard):
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG

At the Capitol:
IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1805.JPG

Mount Vernon parking lot:
IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG

Air & Space museum (last two were random, I think, not parked with the rest of the group):
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG

To Lanny & Aaron and the rest of the volunteer organizing staff - my hats off to you for a well done, professional, and fun event! Two comments for next year: Don't repeat the traffic backup we created while trying to organize folks two by two to drive across the Memorial Bridge. Let's try to figure another way to get folks lined up earlier (or do this photo opp somewhere else). Second, instead of the game we did after dinner where folks could shout out a little known fact about the Model S, why don't we have folks email in suggestions that are read throughout the evening and anyone can answer. No prizes are needed - this is all about who knows' their Tesla best! (BTW, I would volunteer to be the one to put this together for next year's event!) Jim

jthompson,

Thank you too, Jim, for your early support and help kicking this off at our first organizing meeting in January. I'm happy to hear you and others sharing suggestions and tweaks we can make for next year, because that must mean lots of you want to do it again next year. :smile:

That's the ultimate proof of the success of this event!

Lanny