TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 14-15th - Williamsburg VA

Discussion in 'EVents' started by aaron.s, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Alas, that was where my lovely bride went to school. I just hung out with the drinkers and wrote snarky stuff for the paper.

I'd love to get one if I could get someone smart like you guys to do the install. I'd happily pay extra as penance for being lazy and incompetent.

2. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

LETSGOFAST

I have not painted a gray appliqué, you may want to give Rick a heads up on your color. Next set of appliqués are due mid March Right now the most ordered colors are
    RED, WHITE, GREEN,BLACK and the new BLUE. We will do a number of installs at Road Trip 2016.

3. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

All -

Remembering @TeslaRoadTrip past events...... Thanks to John Davis for taking the 2014 and 2015 shots!

The ORIGINAL @TeslaRoadTrip - Debunking the NY Times Broder Article - February 2013

TeslaRoadTrip_Pano copy.jpg

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - "All Superchargers Lead to DC"

CapitolShot1.jpg

@TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Reach The Beach"

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 7.59.50 AM.jpg

4. 3PHASE

3PHASE 3PHASE

#44 3PHASE, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Good times! Great people! I don't own a Model S yet, but I'm renting one to bring down this year. It will give me a full 3 day test drive experience, including AutoPilot.

Prior to the boardwalk display, I recorded this video in 2015. I was a guest of Jeffrey Cadman, one of the organizers this year and I rode with him in his Model S.

5. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

#45 aaron.s, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks for posting Mark! Seems to be an issue with the video is you can fix it....

Here's some other videos from last years event :) Stay tuned for 2016 Registration opening this weekend!

Aaron

6. jcadman22

jcadman22 Tesla Owners Club Mid Atlantic

It's great to see the videos and pics of friends from last year's awesome event! The planners have amp'ed it up a bit to make this year's Kingsmill event even more awesome.

7. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

It's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to it - in the X this year :)

8. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

9. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper

Just one question:
    What are we spelling THIS year?

10. eujinc

eujinc Member

Cool. Registered, paid, and room reserved. Got to do it quick to get my #88 again.

- - - Updated - - -

We should do the Tesla "T" emblem.

11. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

We're still trying to locate an area that has a parking lot big enough and can use a drone for the shot.... Stay tuned.

Aaron

12. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

All -

Although its not officially part of the event, I plan on staying overnight in Norfolk on Sunday and on Monday will be driving down to Kill Devil Hills, NC on the outer banks to visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial. I've wanted to visit the site ever since I was a boy and now is the perfect time! Plan to spend part/all of the day down there enjoying the sites and exploring (maybe a hang gliding lesson on the sand dunes!) then head back to Norfolk in the afternoon/evening.

It's 80 miles one way, so easily doable round trip from the Norfolk Supercharger. If you're interested, let me know via PM and we'll "officially" put something together!

Aaron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Brothers_National_Memorial

http://www.outerbanks.com/hang-gliding.html

13. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

You might be able to get access to one of the big satellite parking lots for Busch Gardens across Pocahontas from the brewery. They don't use them that early in the year.

14. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

We are in talks with them already - unfortunately they are instituting a no-drone policy as we speak. Still may be good for non-arial group shot.

Aaron

15. Model3

Model3 Member

I have a Rav4EV which has a Tesla battery, motor, and onboard charger. I am looking forward to the event.

16. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Ah. The only other really big parking lot I can think of belongs to the school and I've no idea if one can even negotiate with them.

17. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Arron, Just to give you a heads up their is a 40 amp charger at 8863 Caratoke Hwy about a mile or so after you come off the Wright Memorial bridge ( Main Land Side ).
    I used it last September on the way back home. Should you decide to take a run down to the Cape HATTEARS LIGHT HOUSE the Inn on Pamlico Sound has a Tesla destination charger.
    If you go down say hello to Steve Nelson the owner of the Inn. The Inn is one of the better places to stop for dinner, just make sure you make reservations.

18. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Have you reserved your rally number for this years @TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - The Future Meets the Past yet?
    Details and information about the event are on our website...

Register now!
    http://teslaroadtrip.org

RallyNumber.png

19. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Yes I have #12

20. jacobp

jacobp Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.... And the new owners as well.