Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 14-15th - Williamsburg VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-
Event Registration & Hotel Reservations are now OPEN!
- See Wiki post below for details -

Welcome to:

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 13-15th - Kingsmill Resort - Williamsburg, VA

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016, our third annual East Coast Tesla gathering is well into the planning stages! Last year, over 60 Teslas came to Salisbury & Ocean City, MD from as far away as Oklahoma, Canada, Florida and Massachusetts for "Reach the Beach". This year we are turning things up a notch by hosting the event at the beautiful Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, VA. The event will be especially family friendly with on-site amenities such as Indoor/Outdoor pools, a Gym, a Private Beach and Busch Gardens a short shuttle ride away. Golfing and a Spa are also located on the Resort and available to guests at an additional cost.

Model S, X and Roadster owners will get together, talk about all things Tesla, take a scenic drive down Colonial Parkway and have some fun in Williamsburg and Yorktown. We plan to have a casual on-site reception Friday night the 13th for people that decide to arrive early and a Reception/Dinner Saturday night - also on the property. Plenty of charging will be available on-site to ensure worry-free driving for all attendees.

The same team that put together last year’s event (along with a few new members) are currently hard at work hashing out the details to make this event both fun and memorable. We plan to have more details, registration for the event as well as a link to reserve your rooms at the resort available soon.

We have an exciting & busy weekend planned, so plan to arrive Friday evening, May 13th if you can!

We look forward to seeing you May 13-15th in Williamsburg, VA for @TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past”

Aaron

View attachment 110132
-
Event Registration & Hotel Reservations are now OPEN!
- See Wiki post below for details -

Welcome to:

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 13-15th - Kingsmill Resort - Williamsburg, VA

We have an exciting & busy weekend planned, so plan to arrive Friday evening, May 13th if you can!

We look forward to seeing you May 13-15th in Williamsburg, VA for @TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past”

Aaron

View attachment 110132
Aaron,

I had a great time. Beautiful location, food, 3 generations of Teslas and meeting owners.

Foster

Attachments

• FL9A2797.jpg
    FL9A2797.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 68
  • FL9A2807.jpg
    FL9A2807.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 50
  • FL9A2809.jpg
    FL9A2809.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 51
Had a GREAT weekend. I would like to thank everyone who met my wife and I. She is not a car person, but by the end of the first night she said, "Everyone is so nice". By the end of the 2nd night she asked. "When is the Model 3 coming out?" I am posting a few shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thanks to all of the attendees who came to this years @TeslaRoadTrip Event - We do this for you! We will be sending out a post-event email with our survey and other information this weekend - be on the lookout for it (and check your junk mail folders just in case).

Special thanks to all of the organizers that make this event possible - Andrew Doane, Angelia Link, David Link, Jeff Cadman, Chris Houchin, Cathleen Blanton, Curt Harpold, Peter Soukup, John Davis and Naman Bhatia!!!!
IMG_8505.jpg

Aaron

• Love
Reactions: cmu5p
David was right, the "X" needed that last car!
Great job by the organizers who made the event memorable for all attendees.

Aaron - are we posting pix/vids back to this page or are you going to have a shared album like last year?

I have the shared album set up on my server and will be sending the link with the ID/Password in the follow-up email this weekend :)

Aaron

Hey guys,

Kings Mill is a great resort I'm glad me made it down, thanks for choosing Kings Mill. Ok, so are we going north next year?

So glad you could come! And that you enjoyed the location - I'm still amazed at how they installed all those outlets for us. Kings Mill was awesome to work with!

And I think suggestions are welcome on future locations - for Spring weekend TRT and for "local" daytrips in the Fall.

Hey guys,

Kings Mill is a great resort I'm glad me made it down, thanks for choosing Kings Mill. Ok, so are we going north next year?

We keep stretching out further and further (mileage wise) each year. Some of my personal thoughts for future @TeslaRoadTrip events:

- Tail of the Dragon & Fontana Dam, Great Smoky Mountains, North Carolina & Tennessee (perhaps stay in Knoxville area?)
- Finger Lakes Region of NY State, Winery Tour?
- Coco Beach Florida for a SpaceX Launch!
- Savannah, GA
- Vermont or New Hampshire

Aaron