Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip is now Tesla Owners Club Mid Atlantic!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jcadman22

Tesla Owners Club Maryland
Apr 21, 2012
Wheaton, MD
We have been pretty quiet lately and missed having our annual spring event, but we’ve been hard at work going through a transformation to become an official Tesla Owners Club! Our club spans the Mid Atlantic region through the states of Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and the District of Columbia.

Many of the same, great team members that helped create our past @TeslaRoadTrip events are still working behind the scenes to bring this group to the next level. We will continue to have our large multi-day annual event, but we are also working to create single day events throughout the year and now, throughout our club’s region!

Head on over to https://teslamidatlantic.club to learn more and join the club!

Our Next Event is this Sunday, October 8th, 2017 - 12 noon

Join us at the new National Harbor Supercharger, 165 Waterfront Street, National Harbour, MD

Reactions: ViviV and kevinf311
So, first thing is to fix the cert on the website... :D

Edit: looks like the cert works for the final clubexpress name but not for the teslamidatlantic.club alias name. Some people may not care, some may....

Unfortunately the platform we are using doesn't permit us to upload a custom cert. So, you're correct, if you want to use TLS use teslamidatlantic.clubexpress.com.

• Informative
Reactions: jcadman22
Have fun on Sunday. I was there tonight after 9 p.m. and there were no fewer than 5 Teslas there at any time. At one point around 9:30, I think there were eight or nine of us. An attendant was on duty to keep the ICE cars at bay.

When you pay for parking, not the ticket number in the lower left. It is a one-up number, so it provides a great view into how many Teslas have paid to park in that lot. I was #93 tonight.

On Sunday we'll be heading West to check out some of the new Superchargers out that way (Morgantown, La Vale, etc.)

NH parking receipt.png

My wife and I each have Teslas. Do we need two memberships or will one membership cover both of us?

I just signed up and there was a "spouse first name" and "spouse last name" field in the signup sheet. So I'm going to assume one membership covers the both of you. I'm guessing this "membership" is really mostly to support the basic maintenance of the site. I'm not sure that official clubs always require payment.

I just joined up, hope to see some of you at future events. May try and get the wife to come with me to the Chaddsford winery one.

Hey everybody - Bumping this thread as a reminder that discounted memberships in Tesla Owner Club Mid Atlantic end on 10/31.
We've had a lot of familiar names sign-up and a lot of NEW ones too - It would be scary to miss out on being a Founder!

Go to Home - Tesla Owners Club Mid-Atlantic to join. And just in case you need more incentive to join, one lucky Founder will be chosen at random to receive their second year of membership for FREE ($25 value)!

Could you describe the benefits of joining a club versus just checking the forums? I'm naive
From the teslamidatlantic.club website:
Membership in the club allows us to operate, maintain this website, and cover our insurance costs. Membership allows you to purchase tickets to our annual event, attend our capacity limited local events, access to our forum and private areas, and participate in our discounted group-buy of select Tesla merchandise.

Note that the website and forum mentioned are for teslamidatlantic.club, not teslamotorsclub.com
Basically, it's not affiliated with TMC though many of the same owners will participate in both. TMC doesn't do physical events, outside of TMC Connect whereas the local clubs will have socials and special events, which may be capacity-limited.
If any of this is in error, I happily defer to the midatlantic club management for their correction.