Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's $110,000 model s is now norway's best-selling car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The same in Italy but I hope that in Germany the same thing that is happening in Norway will happen soon. Then all Europe should start following the new trend.

Germany registered 43 Teslas last month. Compared to 201 7 series, 481 S class, 142 A8, 300 Panerama...
It left the Maserati Quatroporte (15) and the Bentley Continental (34) behind. But even the VW Phaeton sold better with 54...

Just for comparison. VW Golf: 20139

So no, not quite like Norway.

Germany registered 43 Teslas last month. Compared to 201 7 series, 481 S class, 142 A8, 300 Panerama...
It left the Maserati Quatroporte (15) and the Bentley Continental (34) behind. But even the VW Phaeton sold better with 54...

Just for comparison. VW Golf: 20139

So no, not quite like Norway.

It's a start. I would think Germany would be a tough market given its love of home-grown BMWs, Audis and Mercedes. That Tesla is even within spitting distance of those high end German models inside of Germany after only a month hopefully bodes well for the long term once people start seeing the car.

Now, I am not a big supporter of whaling, but here in Norway, it is just not a big issue. It's not like there are millions of whales killed for fun. It is a few whales killed each year, for research and for food.
I am much more concerned about how the industrial fisheries and fish farms destroy the biological environment in the oceans (and Norway is a big player in this industry as well).

When it comes to Tesla sales, it is a combination of several things.
* We are filthy rich. Spending 60 000 euro on a car is a lot, even here, but many people can still afford it, if they really want.
* Taxation of cars is tightly related to its CO2 and NOx impact. Giving electric cars a huge advantage.
* We have other incentives to choose EVs as well, like free parking and charging in a lot of public areas. Free pass on toll roads. Access to drive in the bus lanes and so on.
* High taxes (and prices) on petrol and diesel also count.

If I were to drive a regular car to work every day, it would cost me something like 20 euro, passing a toll road, parking and petrol. Pluss I would spend 20 minutes in heavy traffic.
With an EV I could pass the traffic in the bus lanes, ignore the toll road and park for free, and even get free charging while I was parked.