TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's $110,000 model s is now norway's best-selling car

Discussion in 'Video' started by Gavars Gints, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Gavars Gints

Gavars Gints Member

#1 Gavars Gints, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

30k above marketprice re-sale !!! i love it - big future of tesla starts to catch the minds of the masses :)

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Wish it will happen in the rest of Europe soon. Main reason is that in Norway people are very much concerned about environment. In Italy when I speak to my friends about environmental problems they look at me as if I were from Mars!

3. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Due to the local current political trend, and thus our current political government – unfortunately – it doesn’t look like something similar is going to happen in Sweden anytime soon.

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

The same in Italy but I hope that in Germany the same thing that is happening in Norway will happen soon. Then all Europe should start following the new trend.

5. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Germany registered 43 Teslas last month. Compared to 201 7 series, 481 S class, 142 A8, 300 Panerama...
    It left the Maserati Quatroporte (15) and the Bentley Continental (34) behind. But even the VW Phaeton sold better with 54...

Just for comparison. VW Golf: 20139

So no, not quite like Norway.

6. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

It's a start. I would think Germany would be a tough market given its love of home-grown BMWs, Audis and Mercedes. That Tesla is even within spitting distance of those high end German models inside of Germany after only a month hopefully bodes well for the long term once people start seeing the car.

7. gene

gene Active Member

The part I never understand about Norway is how they still kill whales even with international outcry: BBC News - Whale hunting:

Maybe Norse or one of the other kind Norwegians on this site could clue me in?

8. Olen

Olen Member

Now, I am not a big supporter of whaling, but here in Norway, it is just not a big issue. It's not like there are millions of whales killed for fun. It is a few whales killed each year, for research and for food.
    I am much more concerned about how the industrial fisheries and fish farms destroy the biological environment in the oceans (and Norway is a big player in this industry as well).

When it comes to Tesla sales, it is a combination of several things.
    * We are filthy rich. Spending 60 000 euro on a car is a lot, even here, but many people can still afford it, if they really want.
    * Taxation of cars is tightly related to its CO2 and NOx impact. Giving electric cars a huge advantage.
    * We have other incentives to choose EVs as well, like free parking and charging in a lot of public areas. Free pass on toll roads. Access to drive in the bus lanes and so on.
    * High taxes (and prices) on petrol and diesel also count.

If I were to drive a regular car to work every day, it would cost me something like 20 euro, passing a toll road, parking and petrol. Pluss I would spend 20 minutes in heavy traffic.
    With an EV I could pass the traffic in the bus lanes, ignore the toll road and park for free, and even get free charging while I was parked.

9. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Of course they HAVE to mention the fire....:rolleyes: