Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of giving childish answers why don't you try to help rather than be a clever dick:mad:
And why don’t you pump your hate brakes a bit harder next time?

Tesla do not check your insurance in the UK as vehicle insurance is your problem, not theirs. The law is different in many US states and Tesla’s website inherits a lot of that nonsense.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Moderator note: The thread is shipping, and posts on production volumes and associated speculation, even if approaching facts, aren't actually about shipping. While a car needs to be produced to be shipped, given China is serving it's domestic market, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and a host of other markets, production news does not necessarily translate to shipping news.

The thread gets busy enough to start diverting the topic into other topics. Posts will be removed or moved if they stray too far from the topic, or risk doing so. If people want a production topic, then each model has its own production subtopic that is not country specific which might be a better place to discuss, or if needs must, start a dedicated thread.

It's been said many times on this thread: please keep out the clutter.

This is for the good of the thousands of people who visit this thread and want shipping news so please be respectful of them.
Thread Jesus has spoken! 🙄

I expect to get banned for this, given this particular moderator's authoritarian tendencies. Oh well...
Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 15.20.04.png

There’s nothing stopping a discussion on production, just not in this thread. Use this one

China production news

There’s nothing stopping a meaningful discussion on shipping in this thread
You've just created a new thread that nobody asked for, on a topic that's deeply related to shipping for as long as the majority of Tesla vehicles sold in Europe are manufactured in Shanghai: whether production is stopped there, and for how long (not what the specific production levels are). All that because you're too proud to accept being wrong. There will continue to be posts addressing that news on this thread, from multiple users. It's quite obvious. And you'll have to keep moving them while repeating your nonsensical mantra that production is unrelated to shipping. Why? Bc you're power-hungry and controlling, and you won't quit until everyone complies.

Tesla was a high end luxury car..very exclusive...$80k and above price range

With the release of the "poor-man" Tesla model 3/Y...the Tesla image went down the drain.

Supercharger is flooded with these cheap model 3/Y
Back when Teslas were only for the exclusive club of rich people, there was not enough market to support more than the minimum number of Superchargers across the country. The maximum separation distances between them meant Model S and X drivers had to carefully watch their speed, just to make it between them in strong headwinds or cold temperatures. One often had to charge to close to 100%, taking up to an hour.
The proliferation of the Model 3, coupled with Model 3 owners having pay to charge, greatly boosted that market. , Many of the Supercharger gaps were split, giving much more flexibility on when one could charge. It also enabled greatly increasing the number of chargers at the sites as well as the availability of the sites because of the large number of potential customers that came with the sites.
Overall, the introduction of the 3 was a huge benefit to everyone.
If the lack of exclusivity bothers you, go buy a Lucid Air and quit complaining about the cool people.

Again those that can't afford s/x ...got the cheap model 3 ...."poor-man" Tesla ....literally speaking the model 3 is poorly made in every way.

By mass producing these 2 low end cars... CUSTOMER SERVICE and BRANDING suffer tremendously

just like BMW with the 1 series...Land rover with the velar...Mercedes with the "c" class...and so on...

Tesla with only 4 car models...50% of the car are low end model

Again those that can't afford s/x ...got the cheap model 3 ...."poor-man" Tesla ....literally speaking the model 3 is poorly made in every way.

By mass producing these 2 low end cars... CUSTOMER SERVICE and BRANDING suffer tremendously

just like BMW with the 1 series...Land rover with the velar...Mercedes with the "c" class...and so on...

Privilege check perhaps? Not all of us can afford both a Model S and a Model X.

Get over yourself. If you were really cool, you'd have a Tesla Roadster and an S3XY. That's the exclusive club. If you don't have such, don't bother me peasant.

You have to admit the "my truck identifies as a tesla" part is at least kind of funny.

My overall take on this is that I can understand why some people would be pissed off about EV parking in certain situations. If they are pay to use stalls in the back somewhere and someone goes out of their way to just be an asshole and block them then that person is clearly a dick. There is the other side of the coin where many places have designated charging stalls (especially free ones) in good locations (like near the elevator or entrance right next to the handicap stalls) and I think that is a recipe for confrontations right now. With $5 gas the last thing the average person looking for a spot in a crowded parking lot wants to see are empty stalls in a prime location that they have to leave vacant in case someone driving a $60,000 car decides to pull up, park there, and get free fuel.

I don't think it's funny at all. It's basically a transphobic slur, while also indicating that the driver of that vehicle is indeed a complete asshole.

I don't think it's funny at all. It's basically a transphobic slur, while also indicating that the driver of that vehicle is indeed a complete asshole.
We all get our opinions.

Frankly I’m offended at your implication that a vehicle must have a charge port to be considered an EV. Are you not aware that a small percentage of vehicles are actually plug in hybrids which have both charge ports and gas tanks? So clearly there is no ICE/EV binary… and if car is parked in a charging stall I would never assume it doesn’t belong there. Your words are literal violence and it’s taking all of my willpower not to report you to the moderators…

Last edited:
hahahaha that's a stupid idea. and why don't you just back into your driveway when you come home you're out here trying to overcomplicate things
FSD is overcomplicated, and I am sure you think it is a stupid idea. Nonetheless, FSD should be able to get a parked car in the garage to his destination. If that means backing out into a busy road, this is a stupid thing it would need to do safely. I am sure it cannot do that today.

that's what makes it funny! all these nutjobs that need to be seen by a psychiatrist are instead being treated like there isnt anything wrong with them its ludicrous. If you can identify as whatever you want then so can i and my vehicle. I got a shirt that says i identify as an AH-64 for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.