Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas are welcome in Arizona

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla purchase was the first time I've seen the plates come from somewhere other than MVD. I think Tesla pre-fills a bunch of paperwork or something, MVD sends the plates to them, and they turn around and resend to the buyer. Weird model. Every other vehicle purchase I've made, plates were mailed directly from MVD. My Model 3 plate was shipped from a Tesla's location in CA.

Legally you may not be allowed in the HOV lane with temp tags, but in practice I think it doesn't matter. I got pulled over for speeding with temp tags in the HOV lane...officer didn't mention or cite me for HOV violation.
You got lucky. Others have been ticketed.

My Tesla purchase was the first time I've seen the plates come from somewhere other than MVD. I think Tesla pre-fills a bunch of paperwork or something, MVD sends the plates to them, and they turn around and resend to the buyer. Weird model. Every other vehicle purchase I've made, plates were mailed directly from MVD. My Model 3 plate was shipped from a Tesla's location in CA.

Legally you may not be allowed in the HOV lane with temp tags, but in practice I think it doesn't matter. I got pulled over for speeding with temp tags in the HOV lane...officer didn't mention or cite me for HOV violation.

I didn't want to chance it. Emailed MVD and they said no plate, no HOV lane. Even if you are in an EV.

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
It would be amazing if Tesla could put up superchargers at Chandler Fashion Mall. It's right off the 101/202 and we have two big Intel campuses, Northrop Grumman, Microchip, NXP, The ASU research park and I'm sure other high paying companies out here. It's crazy that we don't have a supercharging option in this part of the valley, with all the tech companies out here. My closest option is Casa Grande.

Intel is smart and has a bunch of chargers covered in Solar, I work for Northrup and not one panel or charger in a company that employs close to 2K in this fancy new building.

Going back to the HOV plate topic, can we keep the HOV license plate in perpetuity? I have a BMW i3 with the HOV plate that I plan to transfer to my new Model 3. But can I transfer it to the Model Y if at some point I'd like to get that car? I haven't read the law but I think that as long as the car is electric, we can do so.

2 weeks ago on the lower 202 a motorcycle cop was riding in the fast lane looking into each vehicle in the hov lane, he got someone about 3 cars behind me :p
Same on the 51. He got a Prius with a standard plate, made my morning :cool:

Going back to the HOV plate topic, can we keep the HOV license plate in perpetuity? I have a BMW i3 with the HOV plate that I plan to transfer to my new Model 3. But can I transfer it to the Model Y if at some point I'd like to get that car? I haven't read the law but I think that as long as the car is electric, we can do so.

Right now there are no limits on Alt Fuel plate numbers, so no reason you can't get/transfer to another fully electric car. They limit the "energy efficient" plate numbers, but those are different.

• Love
Reactions: tmoz