Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas are welcome in Arizona

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel that the State and Fed need to continue to incentivize EVs for more time into the future... Some people will switch from ICE because of those incentives. Fed tax credits, HOV use, lower VLT, cheaper than gas, less pollution, etc...
Remember Jeff Grosscost, who pushed a bill to pay people a lot of money to convert their cars to use natural gas? They forgot to put a $ cap limit on it. Could have broke the bank.
That was when the switch to natural gas was going to be the bridge from hybrids to EVs. That sure evaporated quickly. Might be best if they stay out of the way in Az. They can't even figure out how to pay teachers and police here.

I agree with what you say in paragraph one, but it's going to take more than the EVs paying the full VLT to pay for the road expansions. I've been waiting for three lanes to Tucson for a long time. Only one stretch left, and I think they finally have plans in motion to finish that section (mile markers 162 ish to 184 ish).
Honestly that was more of a dig at the perpetually ongoing nature of the project itself than anything resembling a prediction. :)

I feel that the State and Fed need to continue to incentivize EVs for more time into the future... Some people will switch from ICE because of those incentives. Fed tax credits, HOV use, lower VLT, cheaper than gas, less pollution, etc...

Yes I did it for all of the above.

Fed is where the money is.. Literally b/c they will just deficit spend/print.

Too bad TSLA is largely excluded due to proposed $40k limit. I hope they'll bring back the SR Y or CT in time

Reactions: Evoforce
AZ should at least do some sort of incentive when you buy an EV like other states since they are moving to make EV owners pay the same as any other car out there.
Once the taxes are on a level playing field with ICE cars, there is still an incentive. Just not a particularly eye-popping one- the 'blue sky' plate which is a pass into the HOV lane when there is one.

Reactions: tmoz
Great info on this thread. A couple of us in the Arizona waiting room, that have yet to take delivery, we’re wondering if some of you experienced owners could school us. I’m expecting to take delivery of my MYP between mid Oct and mid Nov. Will my plates automatically come with a 5-year tag? Can I speak to someone at Tesla about setting it up to be that way? Or will the tag be a one year tag and will I have the ability to renew and get a 5 year tag before 1/1/22? Thanks in advance for the info and assistance.

Great info on this thread. A couple of us in the Arizona waiting room, that have yet to take delivery, we’re wondering if some of you experienced owners could school us. I’m expecting to take delivery of my MYP between mid Oct and mid Nov. Will my plates automatically come with a 5-year tag? Can I speak to someone at Tesla about setting it up to be that way? Or will the tag be a one year tag and will I have the ability to renew and get a 5 year tag before 1/1/22? Thanks in advance for the info and assistance.
Hey Phreddie....
I took delivery of my model 3 in summer of 2019 and didn't have to do anything special to request a 5 year tag on my Arizona issued blue EV plate. It was roughly $125 for 5 years for the registration tag. The plate and tag arrived in the mail less than 3 weeks after taking delivery.

You taking delivery at the new Mesa or Westgate delivery sites?

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Hey Phreddie....
I took delivery of my model 3 in summer of 2019 and didn't have to do anything special to request a 5 year tag on my Arizona issued blue EV plate. It was roughly $125 for 5 years for the registration tag. The plate and tag arrived in the mail less than 3 weeks after taking delivery.

You taking delivery at the new Mesa or Westgate delivery sites?
Well that‘s good news. Thank you.

I live on the west side, so I’ve been told that I’m taking delivery at Westgate.

Well that‘s good news. Thank you.

I live on the west side, so I’ve been told that I’m taking delivery at Westgate.
I just took delivery of my Model 3 LR at the Westgate center and when I asked about the 5 yr tag, I was told that they automatically submit for the 5 yr one since the cost is low. I don't know what they are going to do after 1 Jan 2022 deliveries.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
I just took delivery of my Model 3 LR at the Westgate center and when I asked about the 5 yr tag, I was told that they automatically submit for the 5 yr one since the cost is low. I don't know what they are going to do after 1 Jan 2022 deliveries.
Thank you. That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was you order date?