TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Teslas at Exotics at Redmond Town Center - Saturdays!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by buzzbuzz, Mar 22, 2013.

1. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

#1 buzzbuzz, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    EDIT: I can't seem to figure out how to update the thread title (maybe I can't?? Can mods help out?). Just wanted to clarify that the show is open EVERY Saturday (not just 3/23) that has good weather all through the summer (see the site for exact dates). So, if you can't make it this weekend, perhaps another weekend will work for you! Hope to see many owners there this summer. It's an awesome show and people absolutely love the Model S!

To all who are interested -

I will have my Model S at the Exotics at Redmond Town Center car show tomorrow. I was there two weeks ago and there was a ton of interest in the car. Anyone who wants to join would be most welcome! It's free, you just need to show up at Redmond Town Center by 8:30 am. The show is from 9-11 am. Hope to see you there! More info at http://www.exoticsat.com

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Morning. Hrm.

3. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I will come check this out. See you all there.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Beautiful sunshine, lots of cars...including 3 sig reds and a blue. Good seeing you guys there!

They do this every week roughly March - October. The staff and people are friendly. If anybody finds themselves with some free time on a Saturday morning, head on down.

By the way, it's great to show up at 8:30 so we can all park together, get the cars cleaned up, etc. But it's no problem to show up at 9; in fact a lot of cars arrive after that time.

5. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

I have the same feelings about mornings.
    I love the night. Especially long summer nights.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Lots of Tesla time at this event. I suspect Chad probably delivered a couple sales.

A random discussion snippet...
    Who makes this?
    [Tesla.]
    I'm quite familiar with their Roadster. So they have a sedan now?
    [Yup.]
    The electric aspect on the roadster...
    [This one's an EV also.]
    Where's the other...
    [Not a hybrid.]
    EV only? Cool.

The CF decor was quite popular.

7. olanmills

olanmills Member

#7 olanmills, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    Yeah, on Friday, I told the guys from Metropolitan Detail and buzzbuzz (sorry I forgot your name) that I was going to go, and then on Saturday I was in bed at around 11:00 am and I looked it up on my phone to find out that it was just ending. What is wrong with these people! The only place I go on Saturday morning is the bathroom. I didn't know anything existed before 11:00 am on Saturday. I'm still 90% sure that exoticsat.com is some sort of parody site. I'm pretty sure that between the hours of 5:00 am Friday and 11:00 am Saturday, the world as we know it ceases to exist, which is why you have to make sure to be asleep or you might disappear. That's why sometimes one of your socks goes missing.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

9. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Anyone thinking about doing it this weekend (3/30?)

10. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I can't make it tomorrow.

11. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

Similarly, I cannot make it is weekend (obviously, as it is going on as I send this). I will try to be there next weekend if the weather is good.

12. EarlyAdopter

I was able to make it over this morning. Had a blast. Only Tesla there. The car drew a lot of interest. Constant crowd and questions. Everyone loved it.

Neat that the Model S is still a touch "exotic." Won't be for much longer.

Here are a few photos I snapped with my phone:

Lambo Row
    IMG_20130330_100127.jpg

Bentleys (odd they all had dealer plates)
    IMG_20130330_100111.jpg

Tesla crowd
    IMG_20130330_102343.jpg

Even after the morning was done and everyone was leaving the Tesla crowd lingered
    IMG_20130330_105153.jpg

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Sorry you were alone on the outing, but it sounds like you might have had more fun that way anyway. :)

I might be there next weekend, but given the event on the 7th maybe not.

14. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

Looks like it was a blast...great crowd from the pictures (Model S always seems to draw that kind of crowd at this show). I plan to be there next Saturday, weather permitting, as well as the event on the 7th.

15. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

16. EarlyAdopter

Were you able to make it? Did they let you in? Did they put you down in row 5 with the other oddities, like they did the time I went? If anything, they should put us in with the other American muscle cars, 'vettes, and exotics.

17. Six

Six Member

I showed up to see the Teslas late in the session, 10:30 or so. I actually did not find them at first because I was looking in the row 5 oddities row :) But they were in row 2 (I think - in any case toward the front, could have been row 1 even).

But two Teslas were there a Signature Red and a Green. Nice owners and the cars were mobbed as usual. My favorite question from the crowd, as always, is "Where is the engine?". (Frunks and Trunks were open and no engine in sight :)

18. webguy

webguy Member

I'll try to make it with my red next weekend!

19. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

As was mentioned, they put us in row 1 this weekend with all the Porsches. They don't really seem to have a place for us...I've lined up with the Jaguars, the Aston Martins, and the Porsches...I think it might just be where they can fit us in.

To that end, however, there were two Tesla Model S cars there and one roadster in row 2 with the lotus vehicles. The Model Ss were surrounded by Porsches. I would love to see that go the other way around. If we could find a weekend to have people show up in the droves they did for the event at Metropolitan Detail a few weeks ago, having 41 Teslas (or was it 43?) at the car show would be a lot of fun!

I'm presuming you mean this coming weekend? If so, I'll try to be there, again, as well. Hopefully I'll see you there!

20. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

If it's not cancelled this weekend, I'll try to show up with mine as well.