Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas at Exotics at Redmond Town Center - Saturdays!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Six and I showed up today. There was a 3rd Tesla and I asked him to move around later to join us. Apparently he's been hanging around the TM forum instead of TMC, so I pointed him this way. ;)

BTW Chad, like 5 people were looking for you today. Apparently everybody in the state knows you. And no, I didn't take names; I suck as a secretary.

Dang it Brian, I'm going to have to dock your pay.

I wish I'd gotten to see Six's car! I can't make it next weekend either, as I'll have my car at the fair in Puyallup. And the weekend after that I'll be in CA (driving down on L2 again, sigh. Sure wish I had a CHAdeMO adapter so I could save 18 hours of charging each trip).

Sweet! I'm gettin' paid. Chad, can you front me "13 Tesla units" for a "somewhat Perf+" retrofit?

- - - Updated - - -

Six had a steady stream of discussions going at the event. Despite that, I still had to ... like ... answer questions and stuff. Gawsh! ;) Lots of Tesla time. Got a few glamour shots of the Bugatti and had a nice chuckle at "oh, just another Lamborghini" as they drove by to join the line of them.

I think Tesla was the rare brand at the event again. I counted over a dozen Porsches, probably two dozen Lamborghini's, a few Lotus, a MacLaren, and at least one Ford GT.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a few glamour shots of the Bugatti
Yes, I'll share them. ;)

Bugatti1.png

Bugatti2.png

Bugatti3.png

Bugatti4.png

Bugatti5.png

Actually, they have been having that conversation. Maybe they aren't there yet for the Saturday shows, but they are doing a special event next Sunday and had to think about whether or not they wanted Teslas. I offered basically the same thoughts that buzz did, and they did decide to let us come. They have built a reputation on offering "exotic" cars and I think it's a valid question for them to ask; "exotic" is a hard thing to define, and they seem to put us in the BMW/Jag class that is kind of on the edge. There may well be a point in the future where we are so common we are not interesting. I hope we get there soon!

I think it is fair for them to question if a Tesla Model S is an exotic car. However, before they decide that they do not want Teslas at the show I would suggest they spend a Saturday watching people look at the Tesla Model Ss that are on display.

Last Saturday the main focus of the show was in the center area of Redmond Town Center (where they had the Bugatti and other very exotic cars). The back parking lot near the BJs and the Claim Jumper restaurants (where they normally have all the cars) was only half full.

Despite this from about 9:15 until 1 PM (an hour after the show officially ended) I talked to a steady stream of people all with many questions about the Tesla Model S. I never had a break from showing the car or answering questions. Many people specifically commented that they had hoped there would be Teslas at the show. I was especially gratified at how young people reacted to the car. I would guess that the average age of the people who spent a lot of time looking at and asking questions about the Tesla was much younger then they average age of show attendees. But the age of people I talked to ranged from a 10 year old with many questions about the car and a strong belief that all cars should be EVs in 10 years to retired couples.

On the exotics@Redmond FAQ they specifically say they want to make sure they have cars that people will be happy to have driven 50 miles to see. With that definition, I think, for now, the Tesla is definitely still an exotic.

Once everyone is bored with electric cars and has no questions I will be happy to have the Tesla move along. For now I hope they let us stay just because of the number of people who are happy to see the car and are interested in learning and asking questions to an owner.

Maybe we can use as a barometer the question, "Where is the engine?". When a whole Saturday passes without that question being asked then we are no longer exotic :biggrin:

So Chad if you do talk to the people who run the show, definitely invite them to stop by the Tesla row at the show to see the interest in the Teslas.

In any case I am grateful to the folks that run Exotics@ since they allowed me to stop by and see the Tesla during the long wait for mine to be built, and then allowed me to show others just how great an EV can be.

--------

How did the Sunday show go?

Despite this from about 9:15 until 1 PM (an hour after the show officially ended) I talked to a steady stream of people all with many questions about the Tesla Model S. I never had a break from showing the car or answering questions.
I can back this up. He didn't. We both meandered over to the "main event" for a bit. I wandered around a bit longer taking pictures. When I returned he had like 10 people around his car, with 3 of them barraging him with questions. There were another 5 scouting my completely closed (windows up, frunk and trunk closed) vehicle. So I walked up and immediately attracted another stream of conversations about my car.

- - - Updated - - -

How did the Sunday show go?
The show started at 11 or noon officially. I don't know what time "bzzzzzt" (car) or Buzzbuzz (driver) arrived, but I got there around 1:30 or 2. I think we ended up leaving around 4. I answered a few questions and had some good conversations.

Random sampling picture:

ExoticsAtChateauStMichelle.jpg

I have no idea why my camera and/or skydrive is doing some weird watercolor effect right now, but you get the idea.

The show started at 11 or noon officially. I don't know what time "bzzzzzt" (car) or Buzzbuzz (driver) arrived, but I got there around 1:30 or 2. I think we ended up leaving around 4. I answered a few questions and had some good conversations.

I got there around 9:45 and a second Model S was right behind me. A roadster showed up right around the start of the show. We almost immediately had interested parties (the volunteers and other people showing cars were interested in taking a look prior to the show start). Once the show officially started, I had a constant stream of people (sounds a lot like what Six mentioned from Saturday). At one point, I didn't stop talking to people for two hours straight...no time to even grab a sip of water. It was just one question after another and the car was swarmed with people (see above picture). People really seem to like the Tesla and it really does draw a crowd. Overall, great event, lots of interest, and several people who left seemingly very interested in possibly taking the next step toward ownership...

Great that you guys were there! I figured that sounded like a good event for reaching out to potentially interested buyers. I wanted to go, but my wife had just returned from a trip and I got the distinct impression that my heading out to a car show at that time would be something I would regret...

Great that you guys were there! I figured that sounded like a good event for reaching out to potentially interested buyers. I wanted to go, but my wife had just returned from a trip and I got the distinct impression that my heading out to a car show at that time would be something I would regret...
Heh. I saw your wife's car today at Bellevue SC. Pristine as usual.

Heh. I saw your wife's car today at Bellevue SC. Pristine as usual.

Is the Bellevue service center open for business? My rear jump seats are in (finally, yay!) and I'm not to thrilled with the prospect of taking 2 hours out of my work day to drive downtown, back to work, back to downtown, then back to home.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a constant stream of people (sounds a lot like what Six mentioned from Saturday). At one point, I didn't stop talking to people for two hours straight...no time to even grab a sip of water. It was just one question after another and the car was swarmed with people (see above picture).

My wife and I went to the event and swung by. I was going to say hi but you were swarmed. Great to see so much interest in the Teslas. Almost kind of sad to see no one around the Masseratis and Mercedes.

The back does get dirty. They channel air under the car wonder if that makes a difference (saw pictures of the air guides in suspension article from Edmonds, I think?) and when my car was on a lift being wrapped.

The other thing that gets very dirty fast and is time consuming to clean are the wheels.

Show was fun today, absolutely beautiful day. As usual lot's of questions till way past the normal end time. I left a little before noon because I had to get downtown to see the Broadway musical, Fela. Could have stayed longer. Brianman was also there with his Signature.

The last couple of weeks it has just been the two of us (me and brianman) so more company is welcome. The shows have been less busy overall then in the spring but still a lot of people interested in the Teslas.