Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Autopilot needs to be shut down and NHTSA needs to do their due diligence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy is like some unibomber manifesto nutjob. Just basic handwringing, afraid of change. no indication at all of intelligent analysis of real risk and probabilities and statistics, technologies.

Update since March

Lockheed Engineer/Whistleblower

Founder Professionals for Responsible Mobility

Autonomous Levels 4 and 5 will never be reached without Simulation vs Public Shadow Driving for AI.

Level 2+ and L3 should not be used at all

Public Shadow Driving is Dangerous and Untenable

Thousands of accidents, injuries and casualties will occur when these companies move from benign and easy scenarios to complex, dangerous and accident scenarios. And the cost in time and funding is untenable. One trillion public shadow driving miles would need to be driven at a cost of over $300B. The answer is to use aerospace level simulation and the best engineering practices the aerospace industry uses.

Much more detail in my article here
Letter to Congress - Handling of minimum standards for Autonomous industry

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/letter-congress-handling-minimum-standards-industry-michael-dekort/

So as much as I'm worried about autopilot I don't want to NOT have autopilot as an option I can use. Autopilot is the reason I'm looking to buy Tesla in the first place.

Exactly. 40% safer according to NHTSA. I have AP 1, know how to use it and would not want to be without it at this point.

Every time I see a post like his on here (especially someone with 15 posts....) I suspect some sort of manipulation being attempted by a stock shorter, big auto supporter etc... they are wasting their time...

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Lol at his linkedin.

He's basically trying to pedal his services by creating false hysteria. He's trying to sell some sort of testing services.

Not really doing a good job since this is first I heard of this guy.

His education is just as impressive. I see zero formal engineering training, and browsing through his past experiences, it's just a bunch of key words and key phrases.

The University of New Mexico
Certificate, Program Management
1998 – 1999