TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla's Big Day

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Lon12, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Nice to see from a Canadian news agency:
    Josipa Petrunic, Canadian Urban Transit Research on first Tesla 3 rolling off production line

Tesla's big day

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. doubeld

doubeld Member

Maybe it's just my thing for Eastern Europeans, but she sounded extremely knowledgeable and is very well spoken. Great interview. It's always the same cringe questions for the host though, but Josipa answered them like a champ.

What always drives me bonkers is that Tesla is not competing with the Bolt, or the Leaf, or any of Volvo's new hybrids or EVs -- as much as every interviewer thinks is the case. They're competing with cars in the same size/cost class at a much larger up front amount. That's the challenge. And that they are doing so well shows how great they are, and how much greater they will be in the future. I want to hear some other high-visibility figure say "Tesla is not competing with other EVs, they're competing with every-day ICE cars."

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Josipa rocks!

She an excellent speaker, and is one of the most knowledgeable persons in Canada about EVs and the upcoming transition period!

5. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Josipa did an amazing job in that interview. Did she say she drives a Leaf? Someone give her a Tesla!

What I find encouraging with the recent news articles and interviews is that the host reporters are not ending their clips with the famous negative comments. I remember a few years ago when hybrids first came out the media seemed to always end their interviews with an "expert" telling us that we wouldn't be smart buying one because the fuel savings would never pay for the price difference.

Yes. Thank you Andrew for spending your time fighting the misinformation! 439 comments on that story....
    Important work, but probably not as rewarding as talking one on one with someone and letting them drive your car.
    I will always remember my first drive in a Model S, thank you Piare! Now I really enjoy sharing that experience with others. I recently bumped into someone that I had let drive my car quite a while ago and he heartfully told me that it was one of the highlights of the year for him. It is certainly a lot easier to convince people of the benefits of electric drive with an actual demo.

• Like x 1
  6. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

I absolutely agree. I feel good knowing that I am responsible for at least one Model S and one Volt being bought in our little city.

• Like x 1
  7. MarkoJ

MarkoJ Member

Glad to see someone representing my homeland of Croatia :)

8. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

9. Lon12

Lon12 Member

I wish these reporters would bounce their news off an actual EV owner before opening their mouths. Regina is at the most almost 25 km wide and he thinks they need an infrastructure there? Like you said, we need level 3 chargers away from the main cities.

I would love to take these reporters on a Calgary - Vancouver trip to show them how fast and easy the Tesla supercharger highway is. If your reading this PM me and we could arrange one. But you buy lunch! ;)

• Like x 1
  10. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Absolutely Lon, good idea, start with Jim Kenzie, that old relic needs a reality check.

• Like x 1
  11. sitter_k

sitter_k Member

I find whenever you have detailed knowledge about a subject then hear that subject disguised in the media it's usually full of inaccuracies or misleading info.