TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's Continental pricing?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by strider, Oct 21, 2013.

1. strider

strider Active Member

So it's time for new tires at 14k miles. Anyone know what Tesla is charging for a set of 4 Conti's installed? From tirerack.com it looks like $1,341 installed. Happy to give Tesla the business if they are competitive.

2. texex91

texex91 Banned

They are around $725 a pop I believe from Tesla...easy choice.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That's the Michelin price I believe. The Contis are around $375 per tire installed. Will try and find exact price.

4. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

The four Continentals were $1830 with installation at the Costa Mesa service center (California sales tax is 8.75%). I did not have time to shop around--just told them to take care of it. My service adviser recommended rotating every 3000 miles to maximize their life. He said one guy who did that got 19,000 miles out of a set.

5. strider

strider Active Member

Thanks for the quick responses! I did rotations at 3k, 8,500, and 13k. But at the last rotation noticed cord showing on the inside of the rears. If I had rotated more often I think I could have gotten 18 or 19k out of them so I think every 3k is good advice.

Will have Tesla verify the alignment when it goes in for its annual in December.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Sorry for the ugly formatting.